Introduce Yourself

FlynntheT

Arachnopeon
Hellooo, the names Flynn. I come from California USA. I LOVE Tarantulas, absolutely m
y favorite animal by FAR. Ive had an interest in arachnids my whole life but I just finally bought myself a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens.Yes Yes, I know the GBB is not really a beginner species, but my friend has one and I've been helping her take care of one for a while. Anyhow I really love Tarantulas and hope to meet some of you and get some more babys soon :)

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm from Poland and I came to Ireland 5 years ago. I was afraid of spiders all my life and now I have a few Jumping Spiders and I waiting for a few Ladybird Spiders. So I fall in love 😁 Ohh and I have 3 lovely cats 😼😼😼

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
My name is Elana, I’m 33, from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I used to have an extreme fear of spiders so bad that I’d have to take a long bath to calm down if I even saw one in the room. After many years of therapy, I decided at 21 to take the leap and get one. Fell in love. From 21 to 30 I had 5, sadly 4 males and 1 old female who all since passed. I decided that if I ever owned my own house I’d start a collection. I totally forgot about that idea til I decided to get a tarantula in July, 1 turned into 10 my husband wasn’t happy so, I naturally snuck more in. He played along and pretended not to notice. Eventually, he realized keeping tarantulas was helping with my mental health and gave me his blessing. I’m continuing my collection indefinitely. So far I’m up to 19 tarantulas and 1 scorpion...I think. It may be higher. I’m both Autistic and Borderline and it’s helped my recovery so much. I have stuff to look forward to every day now. :D

Kiwimark

Arachnopeon
Hi All
Mark and Elena here. We are newbies to tarantulas (both in our 60's) but both of us have biological backgrounds. We have been fascinated by these wonderful animals and have finally decided to start keeping them. We have four at the moment, an A.avicularia (2 inch), an A.seemanni (3 inches), a T.albopilosus (3 inches) and a L.parahybana (3/4 inch). My wife also studied Solifugae while in Baikonur, Kazakhstan and is keen to acquire some of those, although I understand they can be difficult to keep.

Pigeon

Arachnosquire
Figured i might as well pop my head into here. Names Tris. 23y/o guy from the uk. Archaeology graduate with a passion for insects... i was the designated 'bug guy' on site who dealt with all the spiders and other creepy crawlies haha. looking forward to meeting some people and sharing my hobby with you all :D

KZoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all - I'm Kathy. I am not actually new to Arachnoboards, but it's been quite a few years since I was here, and it was under another username. So much has changed since then, I decided to just start fresh in every area!
Still bitten by the bug, as it were ... increasing my little T group as money permits. I am mainly a lurker, enjoying others' experiences, photos and perspectives. Glad to be back!

The Critter keeper

Arachnopeon
I am relatively new in the tarantula Hobby I have been keeping tarantulas' for about 1 year now. I currently have 12 tarantulas and I am just in love with them my wife says I have a problem LOL but she too has grown to love them. I joined this forum and hopes to share knowledge experience and gain some as well. My collection consists of 12 tarantulas my first tarantula being the avicularia avicularia AKA pink toe, And not long after i purchased these chromatopelma cyaneopubescens AKA green bottle blue, aphonopelma seemanni AKA Costa Rican stripe knee for zebra knee, poecilotheria regalis AKA Indian ornamental, poecilotheria Metallica AKA gooty ornamental, poecilotheria rufilata AKA Red slate ornamental, 2 tliltocatl albopilosum AKA curly hair, omothymus violaceopes AKA Singapore Blue, heteroscodra maculata AKA Togo Starburst baboon, tapinauchenius rasti AKA Caribbean diamond, psalmopoeus cambridgei AKA Trinidad Chevron. Simply I just love the Tarantulas all the Aesthetics of their enclosures beautiful colors all of it. I really enjoy speaking about them and sharing experiences and comparing methods. And unfortunately I only have one friend who is interested in getting a tarantula so really don't get this share or talk about them too much.

InsectJess

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Jesse and I'm fairly new to the tarantula hobby. I've had my Aphonopelma chalcodes for about a year and a half, and I recently acquired some slings. In total, I have 9 tarantulas in total and I'm looking to learn as much as I can.

Background on me, for the first 30+ years of my life I was deathly afraid of spiders, but Lucas helped me get over that. After enjoying those videos, Youtube decided to recommend me tarantula videos, and like watching a car crash I couldn't look away. Then I slowly started to come around to their beauty, which led me to get my first tarantula. I now own 9 tarantulas and 9 jumping spiders and my friends and family have no idea who I am anymore :D

I absolutely love this hobby, it brings me such joy :)

rileytibbles

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name's Riley and I'm from Atlanta, GA. I am a full-time college student currently and I keep over 30 exotic pets. I started keeping reptiles and eventually became fascinated with tarantulas, so here we are!

Rosalinda

Arachnopeon
Hey there, I'm 36, a nurse and I live in Oregon, USA. I fell into the hobby suddenly last year and I now have a collection of 40 new world tarantulas (and 7 fosters for a friend). I am done adding to my collection but am enjoying watching my many slings grow. Here's my list:

Angel- Nhandu tripepii
Balrog- Psalmopoeus irminia
Banshee- Phormictopus auratus
Bunyip- Brachypelma albiceps
Chupacabra- Avicularia avicularia
Creepy Pasta- Hapalopus sp. columbia
Cucuy- Pamphobeteus sp. machala
Demon- Davus pentaloris
Dragon- Phormictopus cancerides
(easter) Bunny- Grammostola rosea
Fao'ii- Grammostola actaeon
Flying Spaghetti Monster- Tliltocatl vagans
Genie- Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Giant- Lasiodora parahybana
Gorgon- Neoholothele incei
Grim Reaper- Grammostola pulchra
Hanako- Avicularia avicularia
Harpy- Brachypelma hamorii
Hydra- Pterinopelma sazimai
Jabberwocky- Megaphobema robustum
Jesus Effing Christ- Tliltocatl albopilosus
Kaiju- Aphonopelma sp. diamondback
Kraken- Aphonopelma seemanni
Krampus- Nhandu chromatus
Lycan- Grammostola pulchripes
Muffet- Tliltocatl albopilosus
Nymph- Tapinauchenius violaceous
Pegasus- neischnocolus sp. panama
Poltergeist- Caribena versicolor
Sasquatch-Tliltocatl albopilosus
Siren- Brachypelma boehmei
SpookyScarySkeleton- Ephebopus murinus
Succubus- Nhandu coloratovillosus
Tooth Fairy- Acanthoscurria geniculata
Troll- Tliltocatl sabulosum
Unicorn- Ephebopus cyanognathus
Vampire- Grammostola iheringi
Warlock- Tliltocatl sabulosum
Yeti- Aphonopelma chalcodes
Zombie- Bonnetina minax
20210115_171951.jpg

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey there, I'm 36, a nurse and I live in Oregon, USA. I fell into the hobby suddenly last year and I now have a collection of 40 new world tarantulas (and 7 fosters for a friend). I am done adding to my collection but am enjoying watching my many slings grow. Here's my list:

Angel- Nhandu tripepii
Balrog- Psalmopoeus irminia
Banshee- Phormictopus auratus
Bunyip- Brachypelma albiceps
Chupacabra- Avicularia avicularia
Creepy Pasta- Hapalopus sp. columbia
Cucuy- Pamphobeteus sp. machala
Demon- Davus pentaloris
Dragon- Phormictopus cancerides
(easter) Bunny- Grammostola rosea
Fao'ii- Grammostola actaeon
Flying Spaghetti Monster- Tliltocatl vagans
Genie- Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Giant- Lasiodora parahybana
Gorgon- Neoholothele incei
Grim Reaper- Grammostola pulchra
Hanako- Avicularia avicularia
Harpy- Brachypelma hamorii
Hydra- Pterinopelma sazimai
Jabberwocky- Megaphobema robustum
- Tliltocatl albopilosus
Kaiju- Aphonopelma sp. diamondback
Kraken- Aphonopelma seemanni
Krampus- Nhandu chromatus
Lycan- Grammostola pulchripes
Muffet- Tliltocatl albopilosus
Nymph- Tapinauchenius violaceous
Pegasus- neischnocolus sp. panama
Poltergeist- Caribena versicolor
Sasquatch-Tliltocatl albopilosus
Siren- Brachypelma boehmei
SpookyScarySkeleton- Ephebopus murinus
Succubus- Nhandu coloratovillosus
Tooth Fairy- Acanthoscurria geniculata
Troll- Tliltocatl sabulosum
Unicorn- Ephebopus cyanognathus
Vampire- Grammostola iheringi
Warlock- Tliltocatl sabulosum
Yeti- Aphonopelma chalcodes
Zombie- Bonnetina minax
View attachment 372491
Ah ah ah at the names of your T's :)

As an Italian cracked me up 'Creepy Pasta' and 'Flying Spaghetti Monster'. Btw being you I would edit a bit the name of one of your T's, because may be... awkward (rules and etc) :writer:

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Hi all :happy: I'm Nat, living in the UK.

I'm just starting out, and will be recieving my 11th Spider (but 9th T) tomorrow!

So far in my collection I have:

*Nibbler - B. emilia
*Nope - C. cyaneopubescens
*Oujia - G. pulchra
*Socks - A. geniculata
*Mooncake - T. albopilosum
*V - T. albopilosum
*Pinky - L. parahybana
*Ghost - A. avic (arriving tomorrow)
*Phoenix - P. irminia

*Wednesday - P. regius
*Pumpkin - P. regius

I also love reptiles, motorbikes, tattoos, my lazy greyhound and copious amounts of Metal :happy:

LunettaMoon

Arachnopeon
I'm addicted to the SPOODS

Hey guys! Lunetta here, I'm here on this site after accidentally stumbling upon it while stalking tarantulas on the inter webs. I have always absolutely adored spiders and all things animal/insect related. Currently I own 10 Tarantulas: C.versicolor, P.irminia, G.porteri, L.parahybana, N.chromatus, 2# M.balfouri (communal), T.albopilosus, D.fasciatus and lastly a very angry and aggressive little S.crassipes. I look forward to liking all your posts and pictures and upvoting those tarantula booties! 20210117_122916_HDR~2.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'm addicted to the SPOODS

Hey guys! Lunetta here, I'm here on this site after accidentally stumbling upon it while stalking tarantulas on the inter webs. I have always absolutely adored spiders and all things animal/insect related. Currently I own 10 Tarantulas: C.versicolor, P.irminia, G.porteri, L.parahybana, N.chromatus, 2# M.balfouri (communal), T.albopilosus, D.fasciatus and lastly a very angry and aggressive little S.crassipes. I look forward to liking all your posts and pictures and upvoting those tarantula booties! View attachment 372587
Welcome to AB! Um so hate to do this on your welcome post, but I would make a thread whith pictures of all your enclosures, but based off this picture, this enclosure is not set up approriatly for that terrestrial. There are hard and 'pointy' objects where there is also a significant fall risk for this animal, as in too much distance between substrate level and top of enclosure. Dont worry its common with people who do not start out on AB. While it may not have happened to you, here on AB we have seen peoples terrestrials get injured (and even die) from falling from higher distances, even inside of an enclosure, with hard objects resulting in damaged and ruptured abdomens. The general rule we go by is 1.5x DLS from substrate to top of enclousre. and 2x, absolute max. Not trying to call you out, or attack your practices, purely looking out for the well being of the animal is all. Thanks and make a post and we will make sure you get anything corrected that may need it! Bye and welcome to AB!!

LunettaMoon

Arachnopeon
Thanks so
Welcome to AB! Um so hate to do this on your welcome post, but I would make a thread whith pictures of all your enclosures, but based off this picture, this enclosure is not set up approriatly for that terrestrial. There are hard and 'pointy' objects where there is also a significant fall risk for this animal, as in too much distance between substrate level and top of enclosure. Dont worry its common with people who do not start out on AB. While it may not have happened to you, here on AB we have seen peoples terrestrials get injured (and even die) from falling from higher distances, even inside of an enclosure, with hard objects resulting in damaged and ruptured abdomens. The general rule we go by is 1.5x DLS from substrate to top of enclousre. and 2x, absolute max. Not trying to call you out, or attack your practices, purely looking out for the well being of the animal is all. Thanks and make a post and we will make sure you get anything corrected that may need it! Bye and welcome to AB!!
Thanks so much for the advice! I really do appreciate it, and I'll be sure to change things up so that the enclosure better suits the T. Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Lunetta

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks so

Thanks so much for the advice! I really do appreciate it, and I'll be sure to change things up so that the enclosure better suits the T. Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Lunetta
No problem!! Look forward to you making a thread so that more than just me can chime in and make sure you are all set up for success! Have a great day too!

AntisocialSushi

Arachnopeon
I'm Alexis, til last summer I was scared of spiders though was ok admiring the jumpers and garden spiders from afar. Someone sent me one of the Lucas videos and that kind of got me cool with keeping a pet jumper. We ended up with an adult male P. audax in the house so I made him a little home and he stayed with us for a few weeks til I felt bad bc he wandered looking for a girlfriend. Hubby told me jumpers were gateway spiders, I vehemently denied his claim. Fast forward to now, I have an adult suspected female Avic. avic. M6 and 3 gbb 4th instar slings. Currently researching and learning more about different species because I now have a bit of an addiction lol.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'm Alexis, til last summer I was scared of spiders though was ok admiring the jumpers and garden spiders from afar. Someone sent me one of the Lucas videos and that kind of got me cool with keeping a pet jumper. We ended up with an adult male P. audax in the house so I made him a little home and he stayed with us for a few weeks til I felt bad bc he wandered looking for a girlfriend. Hubby told me jumpers were gateway spiders, I vehemently denied his claim. Fast forward to now, I have an adult suspected female Avic. avic. M6 and 3 gbb 4th instar slings. Currently researching and learning more about different species because I now have a bit of an addiction lol.
Welcome to the hobby and to Arachnoboards!! and yup you got bit by the arachind bug, we all have lol.
Read, read, read, make the advanced search function your best friend and soak up all that AB has to offer. Just be careful not to get in over your head, slings are easy to purchase cause of their size, but they do grow up and live a long time! Have fun, see ya around!!

AntisocialSushi

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the hobby and to Arachnoboards!! and yup you got bit by the arachind bug, we all have lol.
Read, read, read, make the advanced search function your best friend and soak up all that AB has to offer. Just be careful not to get in over your head, slings are easy to purchase cause of their size, but they do grow up and live a long time! Have fun, see ya around!!
I'm absolutely enjoying my C. cyaneopubescens slings, most of my non invert pets are long lived so it's definitely something I'm prepared for! The harder part for me will be if I end up with males and have to say goodbye to them more quickly (same reason after my dog passes I won't likely get another). Thanks for the welcome and the advice!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'm absolutely enjoying my C. cyaneopubescens slings
Cant go with C. cyaneopubescens!! And good job using the latin nomenclature!!- That is great!

Some times MM live longer than youd expect, and there is always the option to send them out for breeding. But attachment is tough!!

And no problem you are welcome!!