Introduce Yourself

Beardedfraggle

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I thought I would re introduce myself

I haven't been on here in a while.

I have 15 Tarantulas, 1 tailless whip scorpion and 1 centipede.

I have just recently got a 5 x P Regalis communal to add to the collection.

The P. Regalis Ts are around 3cm leg length.

I'm From Scotlands west coast

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone! My name is Diego, I am 14 yrs old. (I don't want to say my address for security purposes)
I was interested in bugs and invertebrates since I was like 6, so I started catching, identifying, and then releasing many bugs in my garden until my parents got me 2 tarantulas as a present for improving in online school. They got me a Tliltocatl Albopilosum, and a Grammostola Pulchripes, they are both about a year old according to the seller. I am only starting this hobby now so pls go easy on me if I ask any basic questions, because the only info I got about caring for these 2 T's are from YouTube. I also plan on expanding my collection in the years to come and I hope that I can take care of all of the creatures that I plan to keep.
Welcome to the forum! We are a friendly bunch of people, so don't be worried about asking any questions.

If you're worried that you may be lacking some knowledge in caring for your new tarantulas, then congratulations! The fact you are questioning yourself shows that you are intelligent and willing to learn.

I'd really suggest that you start a thread showing photos of your tarantulas in their enclosures, and ask people to give you tips on any improvements that you could make.

Hope you enjoy the hobby and this forum. :)

Mastermind 50

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the forum! We are a friendly bunch of people, so don't be worried about asking any questions.

If you're worried that you may be lacking some knowledge in caring for your new tarantulas, then congratulations! The fact you are questioning yourself shows that you are intelligent and willing to learn.

I'd really suggest that you start a thread showing photos of your tarantulas in their enclosures, and ask people to give you tips on any improvements that you could make.

Hope you enjoy the hobby and this forum. :)
Thank you. I will post pics in a bit

these are my two T's, the first is my female T. Albopilosum, and the second one is my unsexed G. Pulchripes. I keep them both in similar 10 gallon enclosures.

Attachments

joe113

Arachnopeon
Newbie here, learning the ropes. I‘ve kept reptiles and amphibians since the 80s but started keeping tarantulas this year. I have a feeling I’ll be on the sexing boards a lot since I have several unsexed species. Then I’ll start working on matching them 2021.
so far I have
2 Arizona blondes 1 adult 1 sling
3 adult Goliath bird eaters
1 pink toe adult
1 suntiger young adult
1 ornamental baboon adult
2 king baboon with a third on the way, all slings
2 Costa Rican Zebras 1 adult 1 sling
1 cobalt blue young adult
2 Mexican red knee sub-adults
1 rose hair sling
1 fireleg sub adult
1 Brazilian black sling with a second sling on the way
1 Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird Eater sling

and I think that’s pretty much all of the for now.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Newbie here, learning the ropes. I‘ve kept reptiles and amphibians since the 80s but started keeping tarantulas this year. I have a feeling I’ll be on the sexing boards a lot since I have several unsexed species. Then I’ll start working on matching them 2021.
so far I have
2 Arizona blondes 1 adult 1 sling
3 adult Goliath bird eaters
1 pink toe adult
1 suntiger young adult
1 ornamental baboon adult
2 king baboon with a third on the way, all slings
2 Costa Rican Zebras 1 adult 1 sling
1 cobalt blue young adult
2 Mexican red knee sub-adults
1 rose hair sling
1 fireleg sub adult
1 Brazilian black sling with a second sling on the way
1 Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird Eater sling

and I think that’s pretty much all of the for now.
Welcome to the hobby!! Word of suggestion start learning and using the scientific Latin nomenclature! Common names, are commonly wrong! And if you ever need help sexing we will need to know the exact name of the species and you will too if you want to breed! Again welcome to AB and the hobby, may you enjoy it like the rest of us!!

HonzaBorder

Arachnopeon
Hi gentlemen !
My name is Jan Benda and I am from the Czech Republic. I'm just starting with spiders and I'm looking for information and advice. So far, I own one Phidippus regius.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Hi gentlemen !
My name is Jan Benda and I am from the Czech Republic. I'm just starting with spiders and I'm looking for information and advice. So far, I own one Phidippus regius.
Welcome! Jumping spiders are great.

HdLazarus

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys,
Names Gabriel from San Antonio,TX and I just recently got back into the hobby after a long hiatus. Used to use this site a lot in the past but finally decided to make an account after so long, looking forward to interacting with you all in the future.

fiendish foe

Arachnopeon
My name’s Alex. I live in north Texas, I’ve been in the invert hobby for 3 years now. I started out trying to raise feeders and now I’m obsessed with isopods. I used to lurk here a lot but realized it’d be better to make an account.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
My name’s Alex. I live in north Texas, I’ve been in the invert hobby for 3 years now. I started out trying to raise feeders and now I’m obsessed with isopods. I used to lurk here a lot but realized it’d be better to make an account.
Welcome @fiendish foe !! Glad you decided to make an account! I’m sure your experience with isopods works be welcomed!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you, it’s been a joy learning about them, I just regret not picking them up and not joining sooner.
Well your in it now and now you’re a member so enjoy!! I’m in Texas too outside of SA!
There’s a guy near me who’s breeding and selling a lot of isopods now! Haven’t picked any up but saw all the colonies he’s got going a couple months ago.

tarymst

Arachnopeon
my name is taymst (you can call my tiramisu as well if you'd like) and i'm new to spiders in general after having a fear of them for my entire life. looking to get over that fear with learning more about them and eventually making a decision to get one. :) my SO has three that i've been trying to get closer to in prep for this and i'm excited (and nervous!) to learn more!

GinaLM

Arachnopeon
Hi people,

I am new to the hobby, I spent a lot of time reading and researching before I made my first purchase. I currently have seven Ts. Three grown on slings/juvies and four slings.
A. geniculata
L. klugi
N. chromatus
N. tripepii
T. albopilosum
T. kahlenbergi
T. vagans

I do have four more due to arrive next week, which I must say I'm really looking forward to.
C. versicolor
C. cyaneopubescens
D. pentaloris
N. incei gold

I have just started (hopefully) my own colony of red runners. Fingers crossed that they are successful as getting good quality feeders locally has been quite dificult. I am starting to feel like Tom Moran and a couple of others are almost family!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
hello all,
New to the board and have a 1 year old grammastola pulchripes. Have learned alot from tom's and tarantula collective and just here to learn more and probably start expanding my family lol.
Also have reptiles and 4 legged fur babies running around the house!
Welcome to AB!! You will find a wealth of information here, more than anywhere else! Enjoy!!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hello everyone,
I'm Simon from Germany and I'm happy to have found you. Please forgive my retarded English, but it ist a few years ago since i learned it in school.
In 2001 I had a male B. vagans and started a successful breeding attempt with a friend. Then came the job, the family and the house, so I gave up the hobby. Now I'm in my early 40s and felt into the hobby again (for the benefit of my children 😄). I currently have a small population of 20 tarantulas and 2 jumping spiders (of course there is still place for more!). I also keep some local spiders.
Professionally I work in the medical field, musically I've been into metal since my childhood, with films and books I like primitive horror - to put it briefly: I fulfill some clichés 😜 ...
In contrast to then, it has become really easy to get spiders, terrariums and the necessary accessories. The sources of information have also expanded massively, or the knowledge from the past is in part already outdated ...
I am glad to have contact with the 8-legged creatures again and look forward to a lively exchange in this forum!
I used the Corona thing to set up a small homepage. It is still in the starting blocks and is nothing special. Anyone who wants can come and visit. Criticism is welcome, I just kept the page in English and so far nobody has proofread it 🤣
Here is the name of the page:
8-legged.com

Kind regards,

Simon

Poison tongue

Arachnopeon
Hello fellow arachnid enthusiasts,

My name is Ben and I've loved spiders ever since I watched Charlotte's Web as a boy. I never had real opportunity to keep spiders as my mother wouldn't allow it nor would my first wife. My current wife gave me the go ahead so I'm slowly building my T collection.

So far I've accumulated several Ts purchased online and from a local monthly Herp show in Columbus. I also have started collecting a few local spiders, as people will bring them to me knowing my affection for them.

I look forwards to creating relationships and swapping information.

On a side note: My wild caught Tiger Wolf Spider (tigrosa aspersa) surprised me by spinning an egg sac a few days ago <edit>

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: