Introduce Yourself

CritterFriendly

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my name is Kurt. I reside in Northwest Louisiana and have always had a knack and passion for everything outdoors. I am looking to get a couple T's in the future seeing as I have only started keeping this past few months. I caught a big H. Antelucana and needed a definite ID, which is how I found this forum. I have a handful of acres I manage with fruit trees and vines as well as the garden area so there is no shortage of encounters waiting to happen. I have since caught a few more Wolfies and Jumpers and built some solid little enclosures for them. I am absolutely hooked and look forward to continue reading, researching, and learning. Thank you all for the help you have shared thus far and I hope to be able to return the favor for others new to the hobby or simply looking for quick info or ID.

fkirby46

Arachnopeon
Hello, All...I am doing this a bit backward... I have found spiders in my kitchen and they are now my pets. That means that instead of having my hands wrapped in spider web when I turn on the water to do the dishes, I now have 3 Amazon "containment units" and two small glass canning jars, each with a separate spider. These are common house spiders and are giving me a lot of interesting things to watch. " Not bored " LOL

Poor Pauly

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Lifelong critter keeper, last hobby was aquarium and now I have the time to pursue another interest, keeping T's. I currently do not own any, still doing my research. I am not looking for a pet T but to get into collecting, breeding and creating habitats.

Graziafiore

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm fairly new to the hobby.

I did a fair bit of research in the community before buying my first tarantula ( for the kids lol) she is an A. Seemmani about 4 years old from what the seller told me.
I'm going to be buying two slings from a different variety.

robin8eye

Arachnopeon
Hey You creepy crawly fans!
my name is robin and ive been into spiders for a long time! i am into skateboarding, nature hikes, and BUGS N SPIDERZZZ! i found this forum after looking up spider stuff lol. i would love to own my own spider one day.

Blacklight Hunter

Arachnopeon
Hey! I'm a long time member from the early 2000's and I haven't been around for a while. Apparently my account was deleted? Anyway I made a new account. Still into scorpions and Tarantulas, but mostly herps. I have a Red Knee (10yrs) AZ blond (20yrs) California Ebony (20yrs) and a xwalxwal that I just found recently. Only pet scorpion currently is a S. vachoni. I'm more into finding new localities of scorpions than keeping them as pets. If you're in San Diego hit me up to got blacklighing together!

ThatOneGuyInAus

Arachnopeon
Well, I am a male, (you don't have to know my age) I love insects and arachnids and reptiles (all my friends but my two closest think I'm mentally insane? Who knew keeping arachnids would cause so much chaos?) I have two marbled scorpions and I am a stalker. (you don't need to know the rest)

camcam666

Arachnopeon
I've had a full grown A. seemanni for about six months and purchased a G. pulchripes in late August. I'm here to learn all the things to make sure my Ts are happy and healthy. My A. seemanni has a big fat butt and turned down a cricket today and my G. pulchripes sling ate two tiny pre-killed crickets today. Learning a little more each day.

justanotherTkeeper

Arachnosquire
I've had a full grown A. seemanni for about six months and purchased a G. pulchripes in late August. I'm here to learn all the things to make sure my Ts are happy and healthy. My A. seemanni has a big fat butt and turned down a cricket today and my G. pulchripes sling ate two tiny pre-killed crickets today. Learning a little more each day.
Welcome @camcam666 ! Wishing you luck in this fun hobby :) Keep learning!

Bananas

Arachnopeon
Hey all! I'm a miscellaneous critter enthusiast who just got her first scorpion! I have had a c. Cyanopubescens before and one day aspire to have a g pulchra and a curly hair. I'm falling short finding information on scorpions 🦂 so here I am hoping for some input. I'm a transplant to the southern US enjoying warm weather and more space than we had up north in the great big NYC.

Sherito

Arachnopeon
My name is Sherry and I am from Maine. I have loved spiders my whole life and about 30+ years ago got my first T. She had been passed down through several people before I got her so I was never sure of her age and species, I think she was a Texas Brown Tarantula (Aphonopelma hentzi). I had her for about 10 years before she passed away and because of the law changes restricting the ownership of any T without special permits in Maine, I did not own another one until a few weeks ago. Maine finally decided to allow 3 species of T's without a permit. I have a Grammostola rosea sling and I am so excited to have her (I am hopeful it is a female). I have named her Charlotte and although she is only about 1", I am looking forward to many years with her and watching her grow.

Attachments

Chambord

Arachnopeon
Howdy everyone! I'm actually on the mantid forum a lot more often, but I've been looking to branch out and learn some more about arachnids, I'll probably watching rather than participating for a while until I decide on a species.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome @Chambord and @Sherito !!
you’ve joined a great site!!!

And sherito can you please explain this law?? I have never heard of this before? Do any of the surrounding states also have similar laws that restrict tarantula keeping? I had not heard of this before and was considering moving back up north.

norma1106

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone my name is Norma, I’m from the uk.
I have recently bought my first ever T, which is a lasiodora parahybana. Just bought a brachypelma kahlenbergi sling too. I’ve been looking through the topics which have helped me loads, so thank you.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Hi Everyone my name is Norma, I’m from the uk.
I have recently bought my first ever T, which is a lasiodora parahybana. Just bought a brachypelma kahlenbergi sling too. I’ve been looking through the topics which have helped me loads, so thank you.
Lovely species to start with. Hope you enjoy the forum 🙂

norma1106

Arachnopeon
Lovely species to start with. Hope you enjoy the forum 🙂
Hi Jess.
yes absolutely loving the forum, Thank you.
It took me months to make sure I definitely wanted to start with. She escaped last week from her enclosure overnight, managed to find her and rehouse her into something more secure lol.

lawlies

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I've been lurking around here for quite some time now. I have two tiny slings that I purchased in June, a B. smithi who's name is Chappie and a T. albo who's name is Hydra. Right now I'm on the hunt to further my collection!

HappyHoppyRachel

Arachnopeon
Hi All, My Name is Rachel, Part Time Lurker, Full Time Spider admirer.
I've got a friend who told me I should join so I can see all the cute pictures you might know her, Cororon.
I love all Spiders but my favourite is the Jumping Spider, so expressive, full of character & wonder.
We named them Hoppies, I think she did... well she told me they are called "Hoppande spindel" In Swedish.
Eh, Cute regardless :astonished:

Nice to meet you all! :D

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Hello! I finally decided to make an account now after a few weeks of lurking. I have a big female LP (my first t), 2 t albos, and 1 T vagans. Hoping to expand the collection!:D

Mastermind 50

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone! My name is Diego, I am 14 yrs old. (I don't want to say my address for security purposes)
I was interested in bugs and invertebrates since I was like 6, so I started catching, identifying, and then releasing many bugs in my garden until my parents got me 2 tarantulas as a present for improving in online school. They got me a Tliltocatl Albopilosum, and a Grammostola Pulchripes, they are both about a year old according to the seller. I am only starting this hobby now so pls go easy on me if I ask any basic questions, because the only info I got about caring for these 2 T's are from YouTube. I also plan on expanding my collection in the years to come and I hope that I can take care of all of the creatures that I plan to keep.