Introduce Yourself

ShyDee37

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I’m Shyra and I’m new here. I’ve been lurking on the boards for about a year, just trying to gain information and become more educated on tarantulas. My daughter (almost 10) and I are both obsessed. She’s been a bug girl her entire life. We have two 3 inchers (Avicularia Avicularia and Tliltocatl Albopilosum) and are excited to get more!

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Hi all, I’m Shyra and I’m new here. I’ve been lurking on the boards for about a year, just trying to gain information and become more educated on tarantulas. My daughter (almost 10) and I are both obsessed. She’s been a bug girl her entire life. We have two 3 inchers (Avicularia Avicularia and Tliltocatl Albopilosum) and are excited to get more!
Hi, welcome to the forum (both you and your daughter). You have a great name, I may have to steal that for one of my Ts if that's ok with you? LOL

Nice blend of arboreal and terrestrial to get going. A very addictive hobby ad you probably know already so I suspect they won't be your last...ha ha

I think we all started with just the one, much of which will be curiosity, before the full blown "arachnoholic" emerged. That's how I started and now currently have over 300.

Enjoy the forum but most of all, enjoy your furry friends. :)

sfhipchick

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm a spider fan for quite a few years now, since I began using a camera for nature photography. (Photos here: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/358361 ) I used to be terrified of spiders and have had my share of freak-out moments in the past. These days I get sideways looks from people wondering why I am cooing at a spider in adoration! :) My favorites are jumping spiders--so clever and curious! But I love them all, dangerous or not. I have kept a Black Widow in a jar that I found in our house before letting her go outside ( http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/417369 ), and my husband and I resist clearing out the cobwebs in our house because we don't want to hurt our daddy-long legs...though if a sac of eggs hatches we really can't stand by and be overrun!

I once found a 1/4" baby cat-faced orb-weaver on our front porch and documented her life until the very last day, including the building and protection of her egg sac, and the subsequent hatching and dispersal of her offspring months later. I never thought I'd fall in love with a spider and cry many times over losing her. (Heer is her photo album and her life story unfolds in my writing on each picture... http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/565773 )

Attachments

Last edited:

WarPoet

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hey guys! Im a new emperor scorpion owner. My name is Bo out of NC. Glad to be here and learn as much as I can bout these fellars so I can give them the best life possible.

GhostMouse

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! My name is Kimberleigh, but I mostly prefer to go by online handles in online spaces, so you can feel free to call me GhostMouse, or shorten it to Ghost or Mouse.

Always been a critter lover and from childhood on have kept predator, prey, fuzzy, scaly, watery, crawly, all the legs, no legs, etc. ones with equal joy. I'm really into my inverts lately because of a reduction in my living space and a few other factors and am considering getting my first tarantula. I joined a few FB groups hoping to ask some questions of more experienced keepers but they aren't very active. I've heard of this forum on and off from various sources (mostly the youtube channels I watch but you see it mentioned on sites a lot too) so I'm guessing it's a pretty good resource for connecting to people and asking questions. I'm not new to the exotics hobby or to husbandry but am brand spankin' shiny new to arachnids, so hopefully it's not too confusing that I know certain things or lingo and know heck-all about anything else... please be kind I am, in fact, still very much a newb!

GhostMouse

Arachnopeon
Looks like I’m not the only Ghost here anymore! Welcome @GhostMouse!!
Aw heck yeah! Ghostie high fives! I love ghost mantises, both because they are mantises and because of the name (and also they look awesome). I'm a human of many interests and something of a jack of several trades so in addition to creatures great and small I am a big lover of ghost stories... I actually wrote my Master's dissertation on modern experiential ghost narrative. :3 (to make it more confusing, in the UK it's a dissertation for your Master's and a thesis for your PhD where in the US it's the other way 'round but I live in the US-- I just did my Master's in the UK). I'm a folklorist and a cultural anthropologist! Hoorah for spookies!

Darklittlelady

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Sarah. 27, from Atlanta GA. New to tarantulas and this forum, though I've been lurking around for the last few weeks ever since I discovered this forum. Love it here! Wealth of information

taterthot

Arachnopeon
Howdy-do! I'm Lucas (though you can call me tate/tater/thot) and I'm from the Netherlands! My terrarium is currently a hamsterscape but since those little guys only live for so long I'm taking that time to love on him while I can and read up on T's. Being an arachnophobe I have my eye on the Euathlus species (can get the "green" locally, but may look into getting a "blue" from a breeder here when the time comes). I'm not the most social person and struggle with keeping conversations going so I'm used to dropping it when I'm out of things to say but am always happy to pick it back up or talk about whatever at any point, so I'm not meaning to offend anyone! I love making new friends and training my dog.

My favourite T's look-wise are the Sun Tiger, and the Heteroscodra Maculata. Maybe I can get one or both of those once I'm more experienced.

InversiveMamba

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Sarah, and I am from the United States! I got into the tarantula hobby in high school, but had no idea what I was doing! Haha, this year my love for the hobby has been rekindled, as well as my desire to work with bugs of all kinds. I still consider myself an amateur, but I do have a very small collection of slings I’ve been caring for. My oldest tarantula is a mature male G. Pulchripes named Nika, he’s roughly 5 years old now and is absolutely beautiful! He has a Ever-So-Slightly bent leg from his last molt (over a year ago) but it doesn’t seem to bother him! Having him since he was a sling has really given me an appreciation for being able to watch life grow.
I am a Biology major and in my free time I drool at pictures of spiders I can’t afford and play DnD.
I’ve been using arachnoboards for a while to help me navigate the strange world of spiderkeeping and I hope I can be a worthy member of this community.

Hi! I'm a spider fan for quite a few years now, since I began using a camera for nature photography. (Photos here: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/358361 ) I used to be terrified of spiders and have had my share of freak-out moments in the past. These days I get sideways looks from people wondering why I am cooing at a spider in adoration! :) My favorites are jumping spiders--so clever and curious! But I love them all, dangerous or not. I have kept a Black Widow in a jar that I found in our house before letting her go outside ( http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/417369 ), and my husband and I resist clearing out the cobwebs in our house because we don't want to hurt our daddy-long legs...though if a sac of eggs hatches we really can't stand by and be overrun!

I once found a 1/4" baby cat-faced orb-weaver on our front porch and documented her life until the very last day, including the building and protection of her egg sac, and the subsequent hatching and dispersal of her offspring months later. I never thought I'd fall in love with a spider and cry many times over losing her. (Heer is her photo album and her life story unfolds in my writing on each picture... http://www.ipernity.com/doc/290645/album/565773 )
Hello! I’ll definitely check the album out, it’s amazing you able to follow her through her whole life!

Callavia

Arachnopeon
Hello to all of you!
My name is Laura, I am from Austria. I study Zoology and Immunology. I was always very interested in arthropods and while writing on my bachelor thesis about myriapods someone gifted me with young Euphrynichus bacillifer (2nd instar). That was almost 2 years ago.
A few days ago the eggs that my female was carrying around hatched and now I have a lot of questions about breeding and raising these kinds of animals (the first try was more like a shot in the dark, research on this species didn't go as planned). So I hope I can find some answeres here. Also my interest in breeding differend species has been piqued. I am very excited to learn more about arachnids from you guys.

Sniperx415

Arachnopeon
Hello, My name is Scott. I live in Maumee, Ohio

I just got back into tarantula keeping back in July when I was laid off (damn COVID) after my 12 year old son asked for a tarantula. Now, myself, my wife and son are all into the hobby in which we really enjoy. We currently have 16 T's collectively between the 3 of us that we have gotten between July and now.

Our species we own are as follows:
Brachypelma Hamorii x2
Tlitocatl Verdezi
Davus Pentaloris
Neoholothele Incei
Grammostola Pulchripes
Grammostola Iheringi
Sericopelma sp. Boquete
Aphonopelma Chalcodes
Nhandu Coloratovillosus
Pterinopelma Sazimai
Lasiodora Parahybana
Megaphobema Robustum
Tlitocatl Vagans
Tlitocatl Albopilosus
Pamphobeteus sp. Machala

Tarantula time

Arachnopeon
Hi all , my name's Josh and I live in Missouri .

I'm new to Tarantula's and I got one for my birthday ! Her name's phantom and she's awesome ! (She's my avater ) a friend gave her ( I'm assuming it's a her because of size ) to me and he said she's a arkansas chocolate tarantula ! I don't use this site a lot but it's been helpful for when I do !

RGBReptiles

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,

My Name is Shane, I live in Menifee California. My main hobbies include Keeping exotic reptiles and invertebrates. Which I have been blessed to turn into a profession this current year (unfortuneately COVID is keeping it slow), where I breed Chameleons, Scorpions, Millipedes, Isopods, Beetles and Bugs. My favorite invertebrates are Myriapods preferable Millipedes. I love to go hiking in the hills exploring for new bugs as often as possible, and I also travel across the U.S. doing the same. My most recent trip was to New Mexico, where I found some very interesting Desert Beetles, and also one of my most favorite in the United States the California Warrior Beetle.

Chelle73

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Chelle. From Western Australia. Have been an avid Tarantula fan for many years. I have just purchased a P. Crassipes and am looking for forums for tips tricks and general information. Thank you for the Welcome

ChickenNugget

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Amber! I'm 32. I currently live in Oakland, California. I'm pretty new to the hobby. I got my first tarantula, a GBB, in February. And I recently got a pamphobeteus sp. mascara, named Chicken Nugget. My other hobbies include knitting, crocheting, sewing, and baking. I've already learned a ton lurking here, so I figured why not join?

bellesova

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Della :) haven't had a T in a few years and just got a beautiful New Mexican girl from our local reptile center (Tliltocatl Kahlenbergi). I have had a variety of species in the past but wanted to start over with something hardy and simple rather than just jumping in and getting a Goliath or something. I stumbled across these boards during the week I spent setting up her enclosure and looking for any info I could find on her species. I have to commend these boards as everyone is really passionate and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

justanotherTkeeper

Arachnosquire
I'm Kristina
I'm 31
I've been keeping tarantulas for about two years now, after finding The Dark Den and Exotics Lair YouTube channels THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THIS ADDICTIVE AND EXPENSIVE HOARDING PROBLEM

Hello everybody! :troll: