Introduce Yourself

WeirdStray

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm 32, from Germany, and I decided to join y'all across the pond since all major German tarantula forums seem to be pretty much dead.

I'm a first time tarantula owner since March 2020.
My lovely girl is a 4 year old b. albopilosum. Her name is Agathe and she has burrowed and closed up her hide a week or so ago, so now I'm passing the time until she comes out again by educating myself some more.

I'll probably be mostly lurking here, but I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot!

Cheers,

Jessie

Lylelovett666

Arachnopeon
Howdy. I just got my first T in about 30 years. I wanted an easy species so I got a 1.5” b hamorrii. I’ve had Boo boo for a week & find her behavior bewildering,in a good way. I’d like to work my way up to a baboon t of some kind. For now just enjoying this fascinating animals behavior.

winter

Arachnosupporter +
Hello. It's been 25+ years since I've kept a tarantula, looking to learn more and get back to keeping them during these Covid-19 down times. Currently, we just have frogs, scorpions, rabbits, chickens, and a marine tank.

Paradolia

Arachnopeon
My name is Walter, and I'm extremely new to the field. I'm looking to get my first T., and I've got my heart set on the Ybyrapora Diversipes. I found this place through searching for this particular little lovely, as well as seeing lots of posts from this forum whilst looking up care, feeding, and husbandry videos.

Buzz1472

Arachnopeon
Hi all! The names John. I have an assortment of insects. Currently dabbling in roaches and stick/leaf insects. Have a new Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Just here to check out what everyone else has going on and learn a thing or two.

naomihelenn

Arachnopeon
Hello!
im Naomi, I am 29 and I live in the north west UK. I don’t currently have any spiders or tarantulas but I am trying to research so I can get one! I have lots of animals but I am dying to keep some spiders! Especially a jumping spider!
looking forward to learning all I can so that I can find the right T for me!

soulsearcher

Arachnopeon
hello hello hello this soulsearcher just stopping by to say hello looking forward to learning lots of stuff about Ts and millipedes etc :)

p.s based in the UK

Mommyof5

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone!! I am a full time mom. I have 5 kids, 3 cats, a tripod rabbit, a hamster, and 1 lone curly haired tarantula. i have been look all over for other locals near me (east tennessee). none have popped up yet. I want to get some more slings, but have not found anyone. waiting for another exotic expo to come around. Thank you for adding me!!

euphierose

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Euphemia, I'm 19. I am a new tarantula hobbyist, but I keep a few other inverts as well! I've worked with inverts, reptiles, etc. in a few jobs over the years and I recently got my first T's, a b. boehmei sling and an avic. I'm in the Charlotte area. My favorite inverts have always been snails (I have two right now that are quite...prolific, shall we say, so I have some babies for sale) but I've become very attached to my tarantulas in the few short weeks I've had them!! <3

Last edited:

Dust

Arachnopeon
Hi! I heard good things about this Arachnoboards. I had a Brachy Hamouri for years and want to get back into this hobby. I live on Lon Island, NY and have a little cottage on a lake in NH. I'm looking forward to learning from all off you. I also love the "Dark Den."

AvicBud

Arachnopeon
I'm casper. I dont currently own any tarantulas because my avic recently killed. I am very new to the hobby and would love advice on any tarantulas in general

Last edited:

Jumper

Arachnosquire
Hi I'm Cy,
As a kid, my twin brother and I used to have pet jumping spiders.
I don't have kids of my own, but my nephew is fascinated with jumping spiders.
You could say it uncle and nephew type of bond.
He's only 8 but sharp as a tack.
He knows his species.

BTW, nephew just told me the other day he wants a full grown
Hyllus cf giganteus & Hyllus diardii to add to his collection.
He has a full grown Phidippus audax (M).

dannygoblin34

Arachnopeon
Hello, im Danny
i consider myself as an wildlife enthusiast, i have two huntsman and one grass spider, two vinegaroons and one forest scorpion, im looking to add Ts to my collection but not for now. i look forward to study more bout arthropods here. :D

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Long time no see! I finally have some down time to come hang out and poke around the board. Life has kept me busy, and I look forward to catching up with my fellow arachnophiles. I am excited to share that my female G. pulchra may be gravid and dropping an egg sac soon!

Cheers!
-Kym

Last edited:

rosenkrieger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello. Returning member here. My name is Chase. Kept various critters for years, haven't really had anything in the last few years. I just moved to Las Vegas from Bakersfield, CA and since life has settled down a bit, I decided to poke around the exotic pet stores around here and found a dream species of mine (P. Metallica) and that was all it took to jump start the invert addiction. :rofl:

HAUSAMANN peter

Arachnopeon
Thanks for creating this forum.
I don't particularly like spiders, but I am very fascinated by them. Two weeks ago a jumping spider paid a visit to my abode, a male Menemerus bivittatus (Wall Jumper). I want to learn what I can from its behaviours.
Thirty years ago I kept a red-back spider for three years before letting her go again. She was my pet while studying at the University of Sydney (Ba Hlth Sc). I learnt a lot from that spider. So, it looks like I am repeating that particular part of my history again.

Attachments

Angel Dust

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. My name is Aidan, 32, soon to turn 33 next month, and I am in Oregon, U.S..
I am a first time spider owner as mine was a rescue. I've always been fascinated by spiders and wanted to own one, so when I had the chance, I took it. But not to worry, I'm learning fast and my spider Neith, is doing beautifully. She is a Rose Hair and super sweet and gentle.
I might end up having a few questions, but so far it's been smooth sailing. However I have owned other tank creatures, such as Ball Pythons and Bearded Dragons.

As it says in my bio, I'm an outdoor person, I enjoy hiking, camping, canoeing and horseback riding. Music wise I'm decently eclectic with Alternative, Folk, Jazz, Swing, Classical and some Soft Rock. I'm an avid reader, with my favourite book being "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien. I am also a fan of cats, but currently do not own one, though my roommates do, so I get plenty of cat action.

I am a professional artist and student. I study anatomy, character and creature design and history of Animation. Other hobbies include study of culture, languages and manner with a particular focus on Africa.

Uhm, ah, I think that's about it. It's getting long. Happy to be here! I look forward togetting to know all of you!

Last edited:

Bfishn21

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I’m Bobby and I’m new here. I have 10 tarantulas and currently work for a tarantula breeder. Just here to further my knowledge and help out where I can.

triffeh

Arachnopeon
Hi, new register but I've been using the forum as a bit of a resource via google-lurking. Got into arachnids via the reptile->bioactive->isopods+springtails for cleanup->isopod morphs->dubia colony->tarantula route. Currently just keep a T. albopilosus and a D. diamantinensis. The curly hair is adorable and a very polite tong-feeder, but the little D. diamantinensis I picked up on an impulse via craigslist is the one that made me fall in love with Ts.
My favorite arachnid is Anasaitis canosa. Never kept one as a pet but I see them daily around the house and yard, so much personality in such a tiny package.

Dumu

Arachnopeon
Hey all. Bought a sling for my son and trying to get as much info as possible for everyone's benefit. Books help and have given us a frame of reference. Advice from real world owners helps with a moving animal that is proving to be full of surprises.

The username is my son's nickname. He got a kick out of finding the author of one of his books on this board (Mark Jacobi). Our first T is an A. Geniculata that my wife calls Tula.

-Peter

Attachments