Introduce Yourself

Duke the spiderman

Arachnopeon
Hello to everyone, my name is Duke and im from Greece. It's been a long time that Im checking the post's in that forum and trying to get knowledge for that lovely 8 leg creatures. It's time now to be active in threads and exchange information with all you guys!!

Tavita

Arachnopeon
Hello All,

This forum is AMAZING. I have learnt a lot from browsing already.
The information, the compassion. is so over whelming!
BRAVO to those that keep it up!

My name is Tracy and I have had the absolute pleasure of watching a tiny sling, no bigger then a dime, turn into a beautiful female B.Hamorii.
I have had her for just over two years now and wow how did time fly!

I never thought I would own a Spider, let alone a Mexican Redknee Tarantula! I did some research on them and found a great place to buy the one I though would be a match with my life style, cause im always on the go and new Husbandry skills.

It was touch and go for a little bit, I hated some thing in a cup, it drove me nuts. Plus the T did not look that great, to me it was more pale then it should have been and wont eat. Every other day I was gently placing the smallest cricket I had, nothing no response from it . More research..... . I bought the smallest cricket cage and divided it in to two, new coconut fibers and a bottle cap for water and tried again as before. Finley after another week of this it ate. and OMG did it eat! I was also able to get a bitter idea of the size, was it ever tiny. I found out through research that This was no 6 month old spider. it was more like 3 or 4 months ohh boy, now the adventure are going to start....

so began the love trail,spun in the web of a love (pun in tended) i never thought possible, with and a unique perspective on how a hairy and dirt digging T's live!.

Her Name is Dirty Hairy, and she is the best pet I have owned. :)

Kipper27

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I am from a small town in North Yorkshire called Guisborough. Ive just got my first T's, Two Curlyhair just one week ago hopefully I can get gain some experience of you guys and girls.

Insects Glorify God

Arachnopeon
Hello. I have seen this board a few times before in past years but only recently acquired an Avicularia avicularia (Guyana Pink Toe) at a "reptile" show. I live in central MN and am trying to teach my four kids an appreciation for all invertebrates. Anyway, I am fascinated by my first T, more than anticipated, and thought this might be a good place to learn more.
TLS_1875.jpeg

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Hi all, my name is Eli and I’ve recently ordered my first tarantulas! I’ve been into broadly reptiles and amphibians for a while now, but just recently fell in love with spiders. My white’s tree frogs are both 7 years old and going strong! My Honduran Milk snake is now 8 and also going strong!

Violet Lily

Arachnopeon
Hello All,

This forum is AMAZING. I have learnt a lot from browsing already.
The information, the compassion. is so over whelming!
BRAVO to those that keep it up!

My name is Tracy and I have had the absolute pleasure of watching a tiny sling, no bigger then a dime, turn into a beautiful female B.Hamorii.
I have had her for just over two years now and wow how did time fly!

I never thought I would own a Spider, let alone a Mexican Redknee Tarantula! I did some research on them and found a great place to buy the one I though would be a match with my life style, cause im always on the go and new Husbandry skills.

It was touch and go for a little bit, I hated some thing in a cup, it drove me nuts. Plus the T did not look that great, to me it was more pale then it should have been and wont eat. Every other day I was gently placing the smallest cricket I had, nothing no response from it . More research..... . I bought the smallest cricket cage and divided it in to two, new coconut fibers and a bottle cap for water and tried again as before. Finley after another week of this it ate. and OMG did it eat! I was also able to get a bitter idea of the size, was it ever tiny. I found out through research that This was no 6 month old spider. it was more like 3 or 4 months ohh boy, now the adventure are going to start....

so began the love trail,spun in the web of a love (pun in tended) i never thought possible, with and a unique perspective on how a hairy and dirt digging T's live!.

Her Name is Dirty Hairy, and she is the best pet I have owned. :)
Best name ever! x

Hi all, to be honest, as a lifelong hater of anything with more than four legs, it's been an long, odd road to here! It all started a few years back with mealworms, then breeding other live foods and before I knew it, I had ordered myself pet praying mantids! Afraid I'm still an arachnophobe, but then I never thought I would willingly handle an insect, so you never know!

I joined this community because it really has been my best source of info for all things 'bug'! Hope you are all keeping safe and well. x

AvicRugby09

Arachnopeon
Hey I’m new here! Huge fan of arboreal species and proud Avic dad. I’ve been a lurker for a while, but I’m ready to contribute and learn more about these animals. Also aspiring ornithologist!

Jose Luis Tovia

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys l
My Name its Jose Luis , im from Mexico , been traveling lots of my country
i love to travel , i love to teach other people to love wildlife and respect it , im 32 yo ,
now i have some species to share wiss you, my favourites are theraphosidae and lycosidae , hope you like mines :D also maybe bring new species from my placing (im on self investigation about aphnopelma genre on mexico )
also love for any culture over worldwide , i like heavy heavy metal and psychedelic musik , im openminded , i have a beautful girlfriend and she also love wildlife hope my postings are interestng for you !
thanks allover and king rewards for all

Indica420

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

I'm Ace and I'm from the Philippines. Got my 1st T which was a Brachypelma Boehmei and Orphanaceus Sp. Cebu. I am new to tarantula keeping and I expect to learn more about it with the help of this forum. I was encouraged to keep one since I watch a lot of Tarantula vlogs (Dark Den, Exotic Lair & SchizoPelma TV). I am also planning to collect additional beginner T's for me to keep. I hope I can make my T's happy with the help of this forum.

Thanks a lot! Peace! :angelic:

Desert Qboard

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I'm new to this place, and I joined to get help with my scorpion(s). I've kept a few
Aphonopelma chalcodes, and they're quite fascinating. Very quick to anger if wild caught. Hopefully I'll be able to get the help I need, and maybe give some myself.

Grandsouls

Arachnopeon
Hello! New to the forums. I am fairly new to the hobby looking forward to expanding my collection!

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
Hello. I've always been into invertebrates, my favorites being eusocial insects, millipedes, isopods, and springtails. I keep mostly native catches for now. A lot of springtails with representatives from three orders, a few isopods, some millipedes including Octoglena anura and Brachycibe rosea and producta, and other assorted crustaceans and insects.

LWW1223

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm new to the hobby and to the forums. Very excited to be receiving my first T in the coming days. Have always wanted to keep spiders and scorpions but am only now getting around to it.

Dodgypill

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone im from the UK and got my first ever t on Wednesday. She is a 2.5inch L Parahybana and only moulted Monday (which I didn't find out till i emailed seller on Thursday) great temperament she handled straight out the box and didnt bolt or kick hairs once despite my over persistent attempts to get it in the hide, I'm already in love and check on her every chance i get. I Come here to share progress photos,get advice and gain knowledge.

Attachments

ZackP1023

Arachnopeon
Lurker coming out of his burrow here. I’ve been on and off with looking at threads and posts while learning as much as I can about tarantulas.

I’m Zack, 29 years old, and I’m originally from Easton, PA now living across the river in Phillipsburg, NJ. I’ve first started getting the itch of owning a tarantula or two since I’ve started watching Exotics Lair on YouTube about a year or so ago. I love nature’s little tanks, scorpions and I’ve always wanted to have one or twelve; but the women in my life were very vocally against it.

My Fiancé had actually got me my first Tarantula on my birthday in October last year. Aphonopelma Seemanni the Costa Rican Zebra. Now I have eight arachnids!

gitm

Arachnopeon
Heyo!

New to the hobby of keeping anything, really. Looking to gather as much information as I can and get started in this exciting field.

Pamela Cale

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello,

Pamela in SoCal. I've been watching T husbandry videos on YouTube for a couple of years thanks to my granddaughter who thought it was funny to frighten me (I have a desperate phobia). Little did either of us know that I would come to be fascinated, mesmerized by observing them.

When quarantine orders were issued, I knew it was time to act: I purchased 4 slings from FNT and haven't regretted it once. In fact, a 5th sling arrived this morning.

Last month, I received Grammastola pulchra, Tliltocatl albopilosum, Idiothele mira, and Brachypelma boehmei. Today I received Theraphosa stirmi. I feel like I have excellent start to my den! Yes, my heart is in my throat whenever it's feeding time or I spot them out of their hides cruising around, but it eventually subsides and I lose myself in observation of behaviors.

My granddaughter thinks I'm sooo cool now... as if I never was! 😉

Pamela

ldmorris

Arachnopeon
Hi! I've been lurking in the shadows for a while, but decided to finally introduce myself! I'm Laikin from ATL GA (moving to Dallas soon, so if you know any great reptile/invert shops in the area, let me know!) I have 14 Ts (so far 😜), 2 jumping spiders, 1 ball python, 2 bettas, shrimp, 2 cats, 1 husband, and 1 2-yr-old goblin child 😂. Looking forward to learning more here and interacting with this group of people!

The Appropriator

Arachnopeon
Hello others. I'm a maniac who enjoys bugs and has been doing this kind of thing since I was 4. I've taken care of various insects and managed to catch every species of praying mantis in Ontario (there's only 2 of them, so it's a pretty low bar) and I enjoy giving my animals long and ridiculous names. I currently have 4 animals. My ball python, Lord Archibald Arcturus, first of his name. The true King of Britain. An emperor scorpion, Nero Claudius. The 19th Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. A Cyriocosmus Leetzi sling that I've yet to name and a Catumiri Argentinensis sling that I've also yet to name.

I grow hot peppers and am a maker of fine sauces and spice blends.