Introduce Yourself

666echo666

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!
My name is Echo Austin. I am from salt lake City Utah. I have been looking at archnoboards for about 3 years and for some reason never registered until today! I currently have 9 tarantulas and plan on having several more! I recently picked up a T from a local pet store that was labeled Thai tiger but I have my serious doubts and am not positive what T this actually is. That is ultimately what led me to registering today! I always find great answers to my questions here and I am excited to finally be a part of this!

Erica Danielle

Arachnosquire
Hi all! :spider: I found out about this awesome forum through Tom’s Big Spiders. I absolutely love his videos, blogs and podcasts. I’ve been interested in insects for about a year and spiders for about six months. Currently, I’m caring for a Wolf Spider (Tigrosa annexa) and a juvenile False Black Widow (Steatoda grossa). I’m a stay at home mom of two toddlers so learning about insects and spiders has became a passion of mine! I used to be an arachnophobe but the more I learned and observed these amazing spoods, the more I began to admire and respect them.

I would LOVE to get a T as well! I’m still doing research because I don’t want to be the new owner who’s T passes or gets injured because I didn’t do my research. So I’m taking my time to learn the basic care needs and understand the “do’s and don’ts” of the hobby. I love all the information in this forum and a huge thanks to everyone who takes the time to educate others on this hobby. I would eventually love to have a huge collection.

Signed a spider lover who’s a mommy and lives in Virginia! :D

b1b1

Arachnopeon
Hi 🙂

I'm Claudia (called Bibi) from Carinthia, Austria.

My boyfriend and I joined the hobby in August 2019.
We started with an Acanthoscurria geniculata girl with about 3cm bodylength and two slings - a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and a Brachypelma smithi (ex. annitha). Well, we've planned to stick with those 3, but somehow we now have over 20 T's, 11 Euphrynicus bacilifer and a little Phidippus regius girl. 😂
Also we have 3 Achatina achatina, 3 Archispirostreptus gigas and a few other Invertebrates.
Oh, and we have 2 cats 😁

We are living in Carinthia with my boyfriends daughter (14). She's not really euphoric about the T's but she accepted them.
I moved here from Vienna 5 years ago.

Besides from animals I love crafting, TV shows (mostly SciFi) and my family.

I don't know what to write anymore (I'm a bit awkward I have to admit), so here's a list of our animals. Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Hi,

I have recently got into tarantulas having kept and bred snakes for over 30 years. I still have a small number of snakes (grass snakes, dice snakes, viperine snakes and diones rat snakes). Previously I've bred barons racers, western hogs, Mexican hogs, various Asian and European rat snakes, sand boas etc.
I currently have:
P sazimai
P murinus obt
T elenae
T violaceous
C marshalli
C hati hati
O sp negros
H maculata
E rufescens

MantisGirl13

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone! I've been keeping and breeding mantids for four years, and I've always loved anything creepy crawly. I currently have 90+ mantids, three tree frogs, two geckos, three anoles, and, as of recently, a jumping spider and a pinktoe tarantula. I'm just getting into the spider hobby, but I know basics when it comes to requirements for any arthropod, since I've been keeping them so long. I'm excited to have found this forum, and I can't wait to dive into this new hobby. Thank you!
- MantisGirl13

Alaska

Arachnopeon
Hello! I’m very new to the world of Tarantulas, but as a very spider-obsessed child through to adult, they quickly stole my heart.. In fact, they even turned my very arachnophobic boyfriend into a believer! He’s getting his very first T, an Aphonopelma chalcodes soon! 😍

We’re both located in British Columbia, Canada, and I currently have a B. Boehmei(my very first T), C. Versicolors, P. Pulchers, P. platyommas, and a little P. Metallica sling. They currently reside in my previously unused pantry, but the T room is now in construction, getting a good paint job and a new floor, so excited!

I found out about this place from one of the wonderful tarantula dedicated youtubers out there! (I think it was the_tarantula_collective, but I’m not sure)

Other than Tarantulas, we share our home with 41 house plants, 6 rescue cats, and one very cat-like dog. 🥰 Something about a house teaming with life keeps my heart happy!

Im excited to meet and chat with all the tarantula lovers here! 💚

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
Hi I'm Diane, new to the hobby started in July 2019. Have 11 now but looking at getting more. I seem to like the Alphonopelmas. Also have 3 dogs, I am 63, but wanted a tarantula for quite some time spent time studying them. Reading and watching, I was telling my sister about how badly I wanted one, but started crying about how I was too old. Thank you sister she told me to get it anyway. I am fascinated with them, have a spider room, and watch them a lot. I heard this group has some of the most experienced keepers so ty for taking me. I have 2 A.avicularia, 2 A.seemanni, 1 A.chalchodes, 1 A.crinirufum, 1 T.albopilosum, 1 C.cyaneopubescens, T.vagans, 1 L.parahybana and my first old world 1 C.marshalli. Looking for T.apophysis, and Thrixopelma cyaneolum.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fmish71

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm new to here and T keeping. Up till now my interest has been photographing uk butterflies, moths and more recently zebra jumping spiders and crab spiders. My son wanted a tarantula for his 10th birthday and so we have a C. Cyaneopubescens . All is ok so far! (About 3 weeks in!)

Trippytarantulas

Arachnopeon
Hi i am new here as of today. Have referred to this forum for previously posted advice on husbandry several times. I currently have 38 tarantulas and i am only beginning. I make my own enclosures( purchase some too) and i plan on breeding when the time comes. Happy to become a part of this great forum:spider::spiderweb::spider: heres a pic of my juvi female p. Ornata

Attachments

RodrigoSard

Arachnopeon
Sup guys I’m Rodrigo, new in this hobby, got 13 slings still doing well! I researched a lot before starting so I was ready! Love them and in couple of week when I move to my flat will buy few more, looking for hubs or slings, don’t want to go straight for adults! From UK

insignia100

Arachnopeon
Chris from Mooresville, NC here. Trying my hand at keeping a tarantula again after having a Chaco Golden Knee sling die on me a few years ago. I just picked up an adult Curly Hair tarantula to give it another go.

Sleeplessowl

Arachnopeon
Hello. I'm Chris from Denver. Very new to the hobby. I have had a life long love of arachnids thanks to a mom who NEVER killed a spider. They are such a great love that I have 3 tattoos (cat faced orb weaver, bold jumper, and peacock jumper). I've been heavily considering keeping a T for years but my ex put a hard stop on that idea. Welllll, since he's out of the picture it's a reality for me. After extensive consideration I got my mind set on a Tliltocatl albopilosum. Local reptile shop happened to have a batch of what I think are sub adults so i picked one up.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
A bit late for a self introduction but better late than never I guess? :p I'm Leonie and I currently keep tarantulas, mantids and a little lone scorpion.

Currently I only own 3 Tarantulas, a T. Albo, a P. Formosa and a P. Metallica. I know I'll be moving soon (hopefully moving in with my bf) so I'm waiting until I have that completed to get more of them.

The other species I keep: Gongylus Gongylodes, Smeringurus Vachoni, Phyllocrania Paradoxa, Blepharopsis Mendica, Hymenopus Coronatus.
Pop quiz: Can you figure out which one is the scorpion amidst the mantids? {D without looking it up of course.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I never knew this thread even existed so im 2 years too late but im Declan from Australia. I keep tarantulas, scorpions and centipedes as well as nearly every major primitive spider group know in our country. (Idiopids, Nemessids, Diplurids, Barychelids, Actinopods and the infamous Atracids). My 2 biggest goals are:
-Breeding Idiommata sp. Silverback/Electric Blue
-Finding and keeping Xamiatus Magnificus

TheLostCartographer

Arachnopeon
Greetings all, My name is Sam and I own a King Baboon, two Singapore Blues, a Chaco Golden Knee, and a Chilean Rose Hair.
It's amazing to see the wealth of knowledge on this website.

Aspiring Mr T

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I’m Shiga,

I live in London and have always used Arachnoboards as a point of reference and now feel it is the time to jump on board.

I have 2 Pokies (Ornata and Regalis), 1 baboon (Darlingi), another coming tomorrow (my first OBT) and a Hentzi. In the past I had a B.Smithi and a G.Pulchra.

Looking forward to joining the conversation.

MGSHellcat

Arachnopeon
'Allo, I'm Kitty. I don't have my new spider friend YET, but I'm looking to purchase a G. pulchra here soon. Hoping for a female, but very little luck finding adults from legit sources. I've got a rose hair named Margaret that I care for at work (I'm a wildlife educator at a museum), and I make excuses to play with my friends' spiders whenever I can. Also a roach wrangler and crayfish servant at that job. As for my other job, I'm an entomologist/horticulturist at a botanical conservatory and get to work with butterflies there, as well. Arthropods. I dig 'em. Looking forward to getting my in-home collection up and going, and I'm sure this place is going to be invaluable. See you around the boards!

Stormsinger

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Brittney. I recently got into keeping tarantulas after spending most of last year reading and watching videos about them. It had started as entertainment since I like learning about animals and it grew into a serious interest when I looked into how easy it was to keep them and how perfect they would be for an apartment pet. I picked up my first two Grammostola pulchripes slings recently and I am looking forward to watching them grow.

Arilyna

Arachnopeon
Hello! I’m Brianna from western North Carolina. I’m a long time reader of the forum and I finally got myself a tarantula on Valentine’s Day this year- gotta treat yourself, right? I originally went to buy a tailless whip scorpion (I am absolutely obsessed with them) but they were out, so I came home with a curly hair tarantula instead. 8FE95B60-8A97-44B5-A8A4-1AEE4FD172C8.jpeg