Introduce Yourself

RobertJ1

Arachnoveteran
Hey all,

Definitely not new to the hobby nor am I new to this forum. I'm just coming back after a long hiatus due to family losses.

Androxian

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I’ve been infatuated with tarantulas for about two years now and finally took the plunge into the hobby about a week and a half ago. I started with a B. albopilosum then three days later, managed to snag an A. seemanni for a really great price. So I now have two T’s, both of which are on my profile should you care to look at them. I’m absolutely enjoying caring for them and hope to get more when I get more space!
~Andro

Aeternum

Arachnopeon
Hi fellow keepers!

My name is Arwin, I'm 24 years old from the Philippines. I started keeping inverts earlier this year(mostly TS).

I started out with 3 new world spa, and now I've got 14(4 ow and 10 nw) plus 6 scorpions (level 3 venom below).

I'm planning on expanding my scorpion collection so I'll need some advice from you guys :)

Also, it's hard to find scorpion sellers here in the Philippines, so if you know someone, I'd like it of you can help me out ;)

Happy keeping everyone!

Jason La Porta

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys!

My Name is Jason, im 30 from the gold coast Australia. I started keeping Ts only recently but since i started i cant stop and have absorbed so much information and studied up on all the species, i find them so fascinating!!!

My First T was a Selenotholus SP Kotzman Sling. Since that i have added.

1 x Phlogius sp Kuranda sling
2 x Phlogius sp Proserpine slings
1 x Phlogius sp Stent sling
1 x Female Adult Selenotypus
1 x Selenotypus SP2 sling
1 x Selenotypus SP Apis Creek sling
1 x selenotypus SP Champagne Robustus sling

I absolutely love my Ts and put a lot of care and effort into making sure i am doing everything correct! i cant wait to get more!

Rio Ferdinanto

Arachnopeon
Hi all! greetings from Indonesia..

my name is Rio and i'm looking for some information about this Tarantula hobby.
hope that i will learning a lot from this forum.

and is there any information about seller that can ship T worldwide to jakarta INDONESIA?

thankyou before.

cheers!

Kosal

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody!

I'm new to the hobby and I started with a H. Petersii, I hope to learn many new things here on how to care for these magnificent animals

Ciao! :D

Omacwilliams

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name’s Elliott and I am new to the hobby. I am in the process of transforming a 16x20 building in my back yard into my animal kingdom. I have my mind made up about several species I want and have done a lot of research. Looking to connect with others in the hobby.

Arachnathulu

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, been in the hobby for about 4 months. Breeder near me said this was a good forum, so I decided to join. Thanks for having me.

spiderwrangler

Arachnopeon
Hi folks. Got my 1st B. smithi in 1983. Kept a number of common species over the years. Re-located and would like to get back into the hobby. Leaning towards getting five slings of the same species with the hope of getting at least one nice female. Thought I'd join the Canada sub-forum and see what's out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

CreepinItReal

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all,

My name is Joanna and I've owned Ts off and on since I was a kid. Just got back into the hobby recently - bought a P. Sazimai sling in March of 2019. Excited to acquire more Ts in the near future and give them good lives. I'm here to network, learn, and just to have a reliable resource to tap into whenever I have questions, concerns, thoughts, or curiosities about my Brazilian Blue (and future Ts I own) or Ts in general.

I'm excited to be a part of this community of fellow Tarantula connoisseurs! Spiders in general are underappreciated and irrationally feared by most in our society. The spiders can't help the way they look! ;) Plus, they really do help us by eating the dangerous insects and controlling bug populations. I'm always happy and relieved to meet people who respect and appreciate our 8 legged friends, so that's also a big reason as to why I am here. Thanks for having me and I look forward to everything Arachnoboards has to offer! :happy: Oh, I've also included a picture of my P. Sazimai here too. Her name is Freya (I name all my Ts after either fictional/non-fictional kings/queens or gods/goddesses.

Attachments

satinangora

Arachnopeon
Just recently got into the hobby!

1x Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens sling
1x Brachypelma Albopilosum sling
1x Grammostola Porteri sling

OgreFace

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name's Tanya and I'm new to the forum but been keeping true spiders for a few years now. I mainly keep Salticids and Deinopis with the odd orb and wolf thrown in. Looking forward to participating in this forum :happy:

disentomb

c u r s e d
Hi all! Been lurking on the boards for a while now and finally decided to make an account; I'm still pretty new to the hobby and have a small (but amazing) collection of tarantulas but have been fascinated by the creatures since I was a kid. My first tarantula was my adult female Davus pentaloris who is an absolute sweetheart as long as you're not her food! Looking forward to continuing to learn and collect these breathtaking creatures with all of you.

luke Taylor

Arachnopeon
Hi
My names luke and I live in Bridgwater, somerset.
Just started the hobbies and got myself a Brachypelma albopilosum (curly hair) from the local store. Made a new enclosure and re-housed it out of the tub it came in. Now I want more lol :)

n1kk1tten

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I’m Nicole, just use Nikki, and I’ve been an Arachno lover my whole life, but am just starting the hobby now due to my divorce from an arachnophobic husband! I absolutely can not wait to get a collection going and try breeding at some point. As a small apartment city dweller, it’s great to have a hobby I genuinely love indoors, and not taking up a ton of space.

My only baby is a zebra tarantula, and I’ve just got a terrarium ordered up

junewolf

Arachnopeon
Hello all!
My name is Becca, I am a 26 y/o female in Colorado. I started in the hobby 1 year ago on my birthday, August 23rd, when I stumbled across an adult female A. hentzi out at Liberty Point in Pueblo, CO. I have kept the wild caught tarantula as a pet since then, and I have adopted several others as well.
I have always loved animals and insects, and I am pursuing a career in animal conservation and ecology.
I joined this board because I am specifically seeking assistance with a breeding project with my A. hentzi female (her name is Benjamin, I assumed she was male at first, so now I call her Benji xD) and a loaned out A. hentzi male. This is my first attempt at breeding, and I have been scouring this forum for information and assistance with this venture. I'm also excited because I adore my bug people, and I definitely need the community this forum offers. My friends and family are probably pretty sick of hearing about my fascination!

pedipalp90

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone.

My name is Robbert and I'm from the netherlands. I've always been facinated by scorpions and reptiles. Lately i'm also picking up an interest in tarantulas. I'm not yet an owner of any arachnids but I do own 2 snakes. One boa contrictor imperator and one heterodon nasicus.

I'm here to learn some things about the hobby and maybe I'll get in to it.

Rhysingstar

Arachnopeon
Greetings from the San Francisco bay area.

I stumbled across this forum while trying to find out what kind of Isopod I found today while out bug hunting. While I have been fascinated with arachnids, bugs and some of other natures wonders, I just recently began to keep some. I began by putting together a terrarium, but decided very quickly that the plants needed something more. With the help of a local doctorate student, I began collecting various things to add into my now vivarium. A couple of wolf spiders, some millipedes, and of course quite a few Isopods, all of which were basic grey until I found this little colorful one today.

I'll have a million and one questions as I learn about this hobby and I'm so glad that I've stumbled across this active and knowledgeable forum.

Ezzney

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone :) I'm Esther and I live in the UK. I've always wanted a tarantula but I'm not allowed one - I do however have a corn snake, a cat, some spiders from the garden and will hopefully get rats soon to replace my ones that passed away. I absolutely love all kinds of animals, especially insects and reptiles and I'm hoping to study to become a forensic entomologist sometime in the future. Nice to meet you all!