Introduce Yourself

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
My name is Terry, and I am from Runcorn, near Liverpool in the North West of England, UK.

Absolutely love this forum, always reading posts and looking at all the awesome pics you guys put up, read up on Ts for a while but due to moving house, I haven't yet taken the plunge. Can't wait to get my first T and show it off on here and chat to you all about your own Ts and Scorps etc... Also looking into Scorps :)

Megpiepiepie

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I've been a lurker for a while, even before I found myself starting to get into the hobby. So far I have a Phormictopus Cancerides (Legume), but I'm looking to expand on my collection of one very soon. I love the excitement of our 8 legged lovelies and my lovely husband for helping me to get over my general fear of them.

So, uh, hi :)

P_20190402_202113_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Pogonax

Arachnopeon
Hey there, my name is Jordy, 24 yrs old and from Holland. I'm completely new to the tarantula keeping hobby. I have had reptiles and insects for years but never had spiders. I ordered my first tarantula a few days ago, i can't wait! :) Besides animals i love to play guitar, play videogames and i am learning russian. Looking forward to meet new people :)

AshWilliams

Arachnopeon
Hello. I'm a long-time fan of spiders and other creepy-crawlies. I've been doing my best to take care of the spiders around my work and home, and have been thinking about getting one to call my own. I figured this would be the best place to learn about them so I don't cause any accidental harm.

I'm looking to species ID a couple of my friends, if someone could point me in the right direction.

Jdblood202

Arachnopeon
Hey all, new guy from North Carolina here. No tarantulas yet, hopefully in the future, but I do have 2 black widows. This is the setup I have for them, I know the divider seems short, but they can’t climb it. Look forward to meeting and learning new stuff from you guys! 13BFDE1E-64DA-41D3-91CD-283C9374B787.jpeg D398144A-288F-419C-9BF7-BE642FD80921.jpeg
20190722_110444.jpg

NYAN

Arachnoking
Hey all, new guy from North Carolina here. No tarantulas yet, hopefully in the future, but I do have 2 black widows. This is the setup I have for them, I know the divider seems short, but they can’t climb it. Look forward to meeting and learning new stuff from you guys! View attachment 315406 View attachment 315404
View attachment 315407

I would rehouse them. That divider will very likely not hold them. Those wood chips are also not so good. The spider can rupture their abdomen on it. They also may be toxic depending on the wood.

You can put them in jugs with screw on lids or deli cups. Stab some wooden skewers through them so that they can web on it and you’re good. No substrate is necessity. I wouldn’t actually avoid it because of mold.

Jdblood202

Arachnopeon
I would rehouse them. That divider will very likely not hold them. Those wood chips are also not so good. The spider can rupture their abdomen on it. They also may be toxic depending on the wood.

You can put them in jugs with screw on lids or deli cups. Stab some wooden skewers through them so that they can web on it and you’re good. No substrate is necessity. I wouldn’t actually avoid it because of mold.
Ok, guess I’ll remove the substrate then! I’m getting a piece of plexiglass cut for a divider. I like using the tank, I’m trying to keep them from getting all the way to the top to give me a little room to drop crickets in, mist every now and then, etc.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Ok, guess I’ll remove the substrate then! I’m getting a piece of plexiglass cut for a divider. I like using the tank, I’m trying to keep them from getting all the way to the top to give me a little room to drop crickets in, mist every now and then, etc.
Okay. Instead of throwing random branches in there, try to glue branches to the sides so that they go across the enclosure. I would Also avoid misting too much. They get moisture from prey. It can be done lightly on the web every month or two.

Quwasan

Arachnopeon
Hello :)
My name is Miroslav, from Serbia. New to this hobby, although i have been interested in tarantulas for decades (i'm 39 years old, btw). Have only one so far, just got a pretty young lady C. fimbriatus.
Now, time to start learning, this seems like a great place for it :)
See ya around, folks :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm looking to species ID a couple of my friends, if someone could point me in the right direction.
For tarantula ID requests, please use Tarantula Identification (gallery).

For other spiders, you may use True Spiders & Other Arachnids (gallery) or True Spiders & Other Arachnids (message board).

If it's an insect, centipede, millipede, or scorpion, we also have galleries and boards for those.

Be sure to include the geographic location where the critter was found, its approximate size, and any other information you have.

ruraltool

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm from WI and I just got my second tarantula (E. Murinus). I figured at this point I should join a forum and stock up on more information regarding care and enclosures. I'm an artist and my persona is a spider, so getting into the hobby was easy and fun. I'm 19 and I would like to take care of more tarantulas eventually, maybe when I'm further from my parents so they don't kill me. I have my own place but they still visit!

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
Hello, I am Jade. I recently got into studying and keeping spiders. I have actually been poking around here for a bit, but just now decided to post this. I would absolutely love any advice on proper housing, feeding, and how to go about breeding and selling slings. One of my spiders actually recently made an egg sac.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I would absolutely love any advice on proper housing, feeding, and how to go about breeding and selling slings. One of my spiders actually recently made an egg sac.
If it's a tarantula, I would post here.

If it's not a tarantula, I would post here.

Nathan69

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone my name is Nathan I'm in U.S. new to T's and enjoy it completely I have a B. Albo and a L. Violaceopes ( I know crazy decision for 2nd ever t) I'm here to learn and make new connections in this awesome hobby. Hope everyone has a great day/night

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone my name is Nathan I'm in U.S. new to T's and enjoy it completely I have a B. Albo and a L. Violaceopes ( I know crazy decision for 2nd ever t) I'm here to learn and make new connections in this awesome hobby. Hope everyone has a great day/night
Hey there! glad you're beginning to enjoy the hobby. Feel free to message me if you ever need any help with anything. I've been in the hobby for about 10 years.

Chloe 203

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,
My names chloe 25 live in east london. My boyfriend introduced me to trantulars by bringing 1 home 1 day about 2 years ago i wasnt a massive fan at first but i cant stop now we have just picked up number 7 so ill go in order and put there names.
We started with our chilean rose unsexed (hook fang)
Then nhandu colloratovilosus female (rio)
Poecilotheria metallica female (shelob)
Brachypelma albopilosum unsexed (oops)
Caribena Versicolor unsexed (spiddy)
Theraphosa stirmi unsexed (gemma)
Number 7 we belive is a Grammostola pulchra it was picked up today from a petshop who had no idea what they where doing iv put a pic in the id form asking for some help with confirming id (no name yet).

So thats me, i love all animals got two bearded dragons, 2 cats and a 7 year old who loves to help where he can.
Iv rescuded and rehomed cats, gekos and samon pink. I cant leave any animal in trouble.

Negan

Arachnopeon
Hey everybody, I'm Negan, and I've been an inactive member for a couple weeks now. I finally decided to introduce myself. I'm a homesteader and carpenter by trade. I've been in the hobby a little over 2 years now.

Nathan69

Arachnopeon
Howdy
Hey everybody, I'm Negan, and I've been an inactive member for a couple weeks now. I finally decided to introduce myself. I'm a homesteader and carpenter by trade. I've been in the hobby a little over 2 years now.
Howdy Negan and welcome

Grekel

Arachnopeon
Hi

New to T's ,just bought first a one couple weeks back now added another 3.

Live in Scotland age 53.

Be reading up on posts and learning.

Cheers
Alan