Internal Injury signs?

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
So long story short Im a terrible owner, or at least I feel like it given instead of all my usual safegaurds I was in a hurry and tried to move my P. Irminia, usually a pretty chill individual she instead bolted and since I was on a table instead of a blanket covered carpet she jumped. Landed and ran and then to make matters worse I took a leg with the catch cup...yeah, made just about every rookie mistake because I was in a hurry I know. Afterwards she seemed decent aside from the missing leg and was moving around. To date I have never dropped one so are there any signs of internal injury I should be looking for? Shes currently making a web and settling into her new enclosure last I checked given its lights out here.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Make sure she has a full bowl water at all times.

Your story, while disappointing for your T, is an excellent example of why we all tell people they are wild animals and anything is possible.

I hope she'll make it.

As for internal injury signs, I can't think of any off the top of my head. Just keep an eye on her abdominal size.

Kendricks

Arachnosquire
So long story short Im a terrible owner
Yes. Yes, you are. Leave and never come back, for all the rest of us, we are perfect and without sin!!1 :rage:

You made a mistake, as everyone in the hobby did before, and will do in the future - sooner or later.
Mistakes don't make you a bad keeper, not giving a damn about them would.
At least, that's my point of view.

Shes currently making a web and settling into her new enclosure last I checked given its lights out here.
I'd say that's a great sign!
If injured badly, chances are the bug would just go into a stress curl in some corner and freeze.
A spider that's spidering around is a good indication - no guarantee of course.
Keep us updated!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Arboreals can handle a pretty good fall as long as they land correctly, I wouldn't worry about that. Do make sure she isn't losing too many fluids from the missing leg though.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
If she is webbing I would see that as a good sign. Also now you know why people don't recommend fast species for beginners. I had a juvenile GBB jump from my shelf from around 120cm(4feet I think). It is still kicking to this day so I wouldn't worry too much.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Sorry for delay all, on a guard rotation so its been difficult to update.

As for internal injury signs, I can't think of any off the top of my head. Just keep an eye on her abdominal size.
Shes seeming to act normal and its been a few days now since her jump. Feeding, Webbing etc.

Do make sure she isn't losing too many fluids from the missing leg though.
Leg is not leaking anything any longer, other than that no other signs of anything out of the ordinary.

If she is webbing I would see that as a good sign. Also now you know why people don't recommend fast species for beginners.
Very true, though in this case I would say it was more overconfidence, Id finished rehousing my OBT and a few others including my S Subspinipes and after packing up figured I could do her on the fly - she decided to accept the challenge lol.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Prep-work is the most important part of working with Ts. I never work with them without moving them to the work spot. breaking out multiple catch cups, tongs, forceps and straws. I rarely use more than an item or two but I don't have to hunt for things when I need them. I just grab the needed item that is the closest to me. Most of the slings and juvies don't get fed unless they are moved to "The feeding area". This allows me time to recover if they get a bit crazy without them getting lost behind shelves or among the other enclosures.

I do all my moves and a lot of my photographs on the coffee table in the TV room. It's not high enough for the T to be injured if it were to jump off onto the carpet and it's wide enough to give me react room. I've only had one jump off to the carpet in all the Ts I've moved.

I have not heard of any way to tell if a T has internal injuries. I'm glad the it took care of the leg and as other have said the webbing is a good sign.

Good luck with your T. I hope it recovers well.