Interesting observation

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Yesterday my L. parahybana and my C. fasciatum molted. Today my P. irminia molted. As I was going through the molt records and adding these latest molts, I realized that my C. fasciatum and my P. irminia molted a day apart last month as well - 7/8/10 and 7/9/10. I look forward to future molts to see what happens.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always wondered if molting sends off some sort of scent or other cue to other Ts that cause a chain reaction.

The two Ts on the bottom of my shelf molted within a week of each other, which doesn't surprise me since they are sac mates.

Over two days 4 of my slings on the shelf above have molted & 1 I suspect has molted & done something with the molt. Although 3 are sac mates, the other 2 are both different species.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
g. pulchripes and euathlus sp. moulted back to back, yesterday & today. another two happened in the same week a couple months ago (prob. my pulchripes and something else).

right now i'm attributing it to slings moulting so often, until it happens again with bigger specimens and if i still have a fairly small group.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last April, all but one of my Ts (all different sizes and species) molted within days of each other. The one that didn't molt within days molted a couple of weeks later. It was driving me nuts because none of them would eat.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you have a routine feeding schedule with the same spiders this can happen quite often ;]
-Chris