Interesting molting

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Just thought I would share, I'm sure it's very common, but I've got 2 A. Versicolor "slings" that I assume they're of the same sac, I purchased them at the same time, and they were the same size.

I've had these slings for a couple months now, and one has molted twice, has gone from a 1.5" dls to approximately 2.5-2.75" dls. It's looking like a monster. The other one still has yet to molt even once in my care and is still that 1.5" size.

I shouldn't be worried, right? The smaller one is kept just the same as the larger, it appears to be in heavy premolt, but ust won't do it!

I know I know, it's probably fine and even if it's not there's not much I can do, just thought it was interested

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I'm sure its fine. From what I have read the males of his species grow faster than the females. I don't really know if thats true though as I have never kept this species.

So take it with a pinch of salt hehe

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I agree with kezygla.. There is a good chance the larger one is a male...

Psst... I have a female just sayin...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I have 5 G.pluchripes slings and one was slow molting and smaller sized compared to the others. After a time, though, it started catching up. After a while, it just picked up. It also had bigger size gains when it did start molting.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Let them grow as they will.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Genetic and hormonal variances, I'd guess. I've seen and experienced similar growth deltas. We see a difference in size and temperament, why not growth?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't assume they are from the sac, unless confirmed.

Everyone else said is correct. Anything is possible.