Interesting Behavior

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all, My A.geniculata is totally bulldozing everything, ive never seen her do this before: she uses her front 4 legs and palps and drags/digs a ball of substrate under her and rolls it to a new location or into her pot. Shes been going at it for at least 30 min. Is this a sign of anything or just regular tarantula behavior?

Also my A.seemani has finally taken up residence in her flower pot and has very very lightly webbed off 1/2 the entrance, im excited for an all out webbed pot and she has 5 inches of substrate i was hoping to see her burrow but she hasn't yet.

It was quite a day for interestion observations when i got home today, perhaps you can help me explain them.
Thanks!!

Mark

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have seen this as well with my A. geniculata and it appears to be just normal housekeeping since it hasn't lead to anything. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Botar

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I don't own an A. geniculata,but I have watched my C. fasciatum do that and then some. once even watched it web up the enitire floor of it's vivarium, and roll it up like old carpet to make a wall. I was impressed :)

Bill