Interested in reading more any suggestions?

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm quite interested in genus poecilotheria, cyriopagopus, lampropelma and phormingochilius, but English language reading materials about these genera are hard to come by where I live. Any ideas of books from which i could learn more and get shipped to China?

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
Actually the best reading material you can find is right here on the boards. Many people here are fans of the beautiful but highly venemous Poecilotheria species. A general guide though. They are arboreal so mainly you want a taller than wider enclosure. Humidity is also recommended. The best way I have found to do this is to have a solid enclosure with a few holes for air circulation. Me and my brother were able to do this for our slings with simple tupperwear containers with buttons at the top that lock the lids (XO is the manufactuerer). Other than that, you really cant go wrong. It isn't really a species you want to hold, and they are very fast so caution must be exercised when feeding/watering/moving them. Just mist them once a week or so and have a water bowl for them to drink. They will eat just about anything you give to them... Also bark and moss would be beneficial as they are kinda shy. We have slings of the Pederseni and they seem to prefer seclusion in their hides... Not certain if this behavior will change upon maturity. But they are very beautiful none-the-less.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm talking more about scientific type literature.