Instar question

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
Below is one of my Androctonus Australis tunisia that was sold to me labelled as i5 but im finding that very jard to believe i just wanted other opinions on if it could be a different instar

Even further below is an Androctonus Australis i got from a pet shop that didn't label what size it was and was hoping someone could tell me

Attachments

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Their tails usually get thicker at older instars. These look quite young. It's hard to guess what instar they are, because there could be a big difference in size, even from the same litter. Some just molt larger than their siblings so give the impression they're an older instar. But that one labeled i5 doesn't look old enough. The tail would be a lot thicker if it was, and it would be bigger.

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
Their tails usually get thicker at older instars. These look quite young. It's hard to guess what instar they are, because there could be a big difference in size, even from the same litter. Some just molt larger than their siblings so give the impression they're an older instar. But that one labeled i5 doesn't look old enough. The tail would be a lot thicker if it was, and it would be bigger.
It came with three others of the same size also labelled 5i. It came from a rather experinced breeder so im conflicted on what to believe lol

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I thought it was a pet shop they all came from! That one from the pet shop looks very young, maybe 3i. If you got the other three from an experienced breeder, then I'd have to go with what the breeder says.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
The first one definitely doesn't look like i5... not sure what the size of that second coin is :confused:

ignithium

Arachnoknight
they look i5 to me. Australis grows significantly more on the last instars. I dont have access to american money but I found the most similar sized coin to a quarter that I could. This is a confirmed 5th instar bred by me (A. australis hector morocco).
20200720_080623.jpg

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
I agree. Look 5i to me as well. The jump in size from 5i to 6i is amazing...the jump from 6i to 7i the tail development is truly exceptional.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I guess they vary in size... my Tunisia is 4i and it's the size of the 2nd photo posted