Inlove with the chaco

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Well I've already had a lot of ts. My first one was an lp that I raised from a sling to a MM. Then I with continued with species like vagans(mine is quite moody it will sometimes bite the brush i use), obt, regalis, b smithi(flicks hairs sometimes but very handleable) etc. With all the tarantulas I've owned, I only just recently bought a chaco I just picked her up a while ago. When I got it and moved it to its enclosure I just completely fell inlove with it. She didn't move at all when I prodded her abdomen with a brush so I had to cup her with my hands and handle her just to move her to her enclosure. She is by far my calmest T I ever had. Having no regrets on spending a large portion of my allowance just for her. Im just amazed at how docile this creature is(still only gonna handle her when necessary though). Now I can see why a lot of keepers consider the chaco as the best tarantula for beginners.

She is a 6-6.5inch female

Attachments

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Looks fantastic :) I have a small female that's pretty great. If u are gonna handle it, I would be sitting on the floor in case it jumps or runs. Best just to leave her in the tank though ;)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My Chaco just molted for the first time in my care. I love her so much I can't wait till she gets bigger! I can't wait to get more tarantulas in the future.

skyvie

Arachnopeon
My Pulchripes was my first T and is still my favorite, even though I've kind of branched out to more "exciting" Ts. Not only that, but she is the "smartest" of all my Ts. I mean that she really understands why I'm in her enclosure and all that kind of thing. I can see why some people refer to them as puppies because there's definitely a different relationship with her. Some people have grumpy chacos, but I'll always recommend them as the first. Calm, but not a rock, and lots of personality!:happy:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My Pulchripes was my first T and is still my favorite, even though I've kind of branched out to more "exciting" Ts. Not only that, but she is the "smartest" of all my Ts. I mean that she really understands why I'm in her enclosure and all that kind of thing. I can see why some people refer to them as puppies because there's definitely a different relationship with her. Some people have grumpy chacos, but I'll always recommend them as the first. Calm, but not a rock, and lots of personality!:happy:
I hope mine stays as calm as she is now. I had to dig her out of her burrow and there was a bunch of dirt raining down on her and she still didn't kick any hairs. She just huddled up in the corner like "DONT LOOK AT MEEEE"

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Looks fantastic :) I have a small female that's pretty great. If u are gonna handle it, I would be sitting on the floor in case it jumps or runs. Best just to leave her in the tank though ;)
I was sitting on the floor when i was handling her. No worries, I dont usually handle my ts unless i do maintenance or sometimes for educational purposes

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
My Chaco just molted for the first time in my care. I love her so much I can't wait till she gets bigger! I can't wait to get more tarantulas in the future.
What ts do you have right now? Im lucky to get an adult they're really cheap here in the Philippines

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Exactly. Docile Ts like these are what I can use to try and get my friends in the hobby or atleast not be scared of ts anymore

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have a small juvenile (suspect female) that I raised from a sling, very inquisitive, often tries to wander out of the enclosure when I open it up to do maintenance. Very docile, it just likes to troll me by burying its water dish every chance it gets and pooping on my hand on the rare occasions I handle it to get it back into its enclosure.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I recently got a G. pulchripes sling and it has lots of personality. So far it has been the most fun of my 3 slings. I hope it ends up being female but at this point I'm just enjoying how calm and entertaining it is.

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
I have a 2 inch suspect female. Absolutely love it to pieces. I'm not a handler by any stretch of the imagination but I'm sure that mine would be tollerant if I had too. Great eater, and absolutely stunning visually. It is arguable my favorite visually asthetic new world T.