Injury recovery -- A. Seemani

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Hey guys i would really appreciate your opinion in regards to my current problem. I just mated my MF and MM A. Seemani this week about 2x and I think both times, there was a successful insertion. However, tonight I tried to do a third mating session just to be sure of a successful mating process and something horrible went wrong. :eek::eek::eek: My female climbed out of her enclosure and fell off the table. I saw liquid pouring out from her abdomen, mouth and between the 2nd and 3rd limb. I quickly pick her up and returned her to her enclosure. I noticed that she is so sluggish since then and would barely move unless i tried to touch her. Im really afraid she would die.... Do u think this was a fatal injury? secondly, if ever she would survive from the injury and indeed there was a successful insertion, would there be such thing as miscarriage in tarantulas? :eek:

mike

mike

Last edited:

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Mike. Is she still leaking any hemolymph and are her legs showing any tendency to curl underneath her? A ruptured abdomen is a serious injury on a T. Your first priority is to stop the leaking if it hasn't done so already. Ts have an open circulatory system meaning it's very easy for them to bleed out unless a wound is staunched. If she's still leaking from any of her wounds, try dabbing some cornstarch or flour on the site. This is to try and encourage the hemolymph to clot. Liquid Band Aid, clear nail polish and even superglue have all been used to seal wounds but care must be taken not to get any on the booklungs, mouthparts or leg joints (superglue). From your description it sounds like she's lost a lot of fluid so once any leaking has been dealt with I'd move her into an ICU. As far as "miscarriages", I'm afraid I can't answer that one, sorry.

Good luck with her and keep us posted (pics might be helpful).

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
She didnt made it!

Unfortunately, she didnt made it. Just found out this morning that she died. Thats why ill just have the male put out on loan to whoever is looking for one. The male is still drumming like crazy.... Poor him. He lost his love...

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Thanks man... Sometimes human's greed or stupidity can really lead to unfortunate happenings... Ill just charge it to experience... Thanks for the advise. At least next tym ill know what to do.