injury question.. need advice

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering has anyone had a defensive species to loose a part of a leg? My obt got one of its legs caught in the top of the lid of its enclosure. When i tried to push it out the silly thing started to struggle and the tip of its leg popped off( dont know where it went though.) How do i fix that or should i put it in Icu? Im not about to pick her up! She a clear fluid where part of the limb popped off. Its not dripping . Its just there..Will she be alright?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was wondering has anyone had a defensive species to loose a part of a leg? My obt got one of its legs caught in the top of the lid of its enclosure. When i tried to push it out the silly thing started to struggle and the tip of its leg popped off( dont know where it went though.) How do i fix that or should i put it in Icu? Im not about to pick her up! She a clear fluid where part of the limb popped off. Its not dripping . Its just there..Will she be alright?
Why ICU? it is so extremly overrated and i´ll say it again: ICU are only for extremly dehydrated tarantulas and not a deafult problem solver. Besides that an ICU can caus more bad than good when you take a specie that lives in super dry habitat and then put it in a wet and humid alien environment.

If she/he lose a piece of their leg or tarsus you have nothing to worry about. Sometimes they loose legs when their are molting and that is usually not a problem.
Good luck.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had the same thing happen with mine about a week ago. It lost two legs. Freaked me out (and it was totally my fault - T escapted, I was trying to get it into a transfer container while daughter was screaming, legs got pinched. While I still feel guilty, it is fine right now, eating and acting normally. I expect it to regrow the legs after molting.

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
If it's not losing hemolymph, i wouldn't worry too much, if it is, just close it up with some nu skin, or super glue...

webbedone

Arachnobaron
if its bleeding you can dab it with some crazy glue, liquid bandaid or petrolium jelly if its not the leg will be regenerated in a molt or two

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i asked about the Icu because it is a obt and it will not allow me to even get close enough to it to dab anything. When i tried to the part that got cut off i bit the tongs repeatedly.. So im not even going to attempt crazy glue.