Injured Tarantula

telephone

Arachnopeon
I bought a new Strip knee a couple months back from a vendor at a reptile show and its never had an issue, however he was one of a couple strip knees that were about $10 cheaper than some other strip knee. (Hes my second T)
It shed for the first time since I bought it about 3 days ago. Today I went to check on it (I haven't held it since molt) and he tried to scamper up a wall, that is when i noticed a clear fluid tinted blue slightly leaking (there were several drops) out of one of the front legs
I also noticed he seemed to be somewhat smaller after his molt (his abdomen) I believe its a male
What do I do?

Aestas

Arachnopeon
That the abdomen is smaller than the molt isnt unusual.
The fluid does sound like an injury. But if I remember right tarantulas will seperate their legs if they are injured. (my B. harmorii got stuck with a leg and tossed it of for example)

telephone

Arachnopeon
Is there anything I can do to help him?
That the abdomen is smaller than the molt isnt unusual.
The fluid does sound like an injury. But if I remember right tarantulas will seperate their legs if they are injured. (my B. harmorii got stuck with a leg and tossed it of for example)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
As the above poster said, a smaller abdomen is perfectly normal after a molt. Regarding the injury, if the tarantula feels that the leg is 'dead weight', it will drop it. Nothing to worry about.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
As the above poster said, a smaller abdomen is perfectly normal after a molt. Regarding the injury, if the tarantula feels that the leg is 'dead weight', it will drop it. Nothing to worry about.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Give her some water. That fluid looks to be hemolimph. The tiny abdomen it's normal after a molt. The best important thing is to leave her calm, because any sudden movement can open the wound.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
It shed for the first time since I bought it about 3 days ago. Today I went to check on it (I haven't held it since molt) and he tried to scamper up a wall, that is when i noticed a clear fluid tinted blue slightly leaking (there were several drops) out of one of the front legs
I also noticed he seemed to be somewhat smaller after his molt (his abdomen) I believe its a male
What do I do?
First of all, you shouldn't handle it at all, nor before neither after a moult.
Secondly, every T is smaller/thinner after a moult, completely normal.
As for the possible injury, post some pics of the spider and the whole enclosure. It's really hard to say anything without pictures, but if it injured its leg it'll probably get rid of it. No big deal.

telephone

Arachnopeon
Give her some water. That fluid looks to be hemolimph. The tiny abdomen it's normal after a molt. The best important thing is to leave her calm, because any sudden movement can open the wound.
Both of my tarantulas have water dishes in their tanks, the wound seems to already be open (this happened maybe half an hour ago) but im worried the wound itself occured yesterday because I did notice him acting kind of strange (Ive been uncovering to see that hes okay daily but not touching him since molt)
I have a couple things that would stop the bleeding but am worried this would do more harm than good (however hes typically very calm and docile and has never minded being held)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I have a couple things that would stop the bleeding but am worried this would do more harm than good (however hes typically very calm and docile and has never minded being held)
Like I said previously, if it's just a leg injury, I'd leave it be. It'll drop the leg if there was a seriously problem with it. You should only worry about abdomen injuries.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Both of my tarantulas have water dishes in their tanks, the wound seems to already be open (this happened maybe half an hour ago) but im worried the wound itself occured yesterday because I did notice him acting kind of strange (Ive been uncovering to see that hes okay daily but not touching him since molt)
Leave it alone and in calm. The wound will be closed or will drop that leg.

Don't worry

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't. Handle. Tarantulas.

Posting photos of the spider and enclosure are necessary to give you proper advice.