Injured lizard

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Someone on my street crushed 2 of a lizard’s legs. They are hanging by a thread but otherwise it is fine. I’m guessing they will need to be gently removed (hanging by skin). I know basically nothing on lizards what do I do? It seems to be in shock and isn’t bleeding. Pictures soon to come.

LizardStudent

Arachnosquire
Pictures please if you can. Do you know what kind of lizard? If you can, wash the wounded areas with antibacterial soap, apply triple antibiotic cream (without painkiller compounds included) and wrap in gauze. If the legs are hanging by skin, try to remove with clean disinfected sharp scissors before doing these things. Maybe offer water if you can

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Pictures please if you can. Do you know what kind of lizard? If you can, wash the wounded areas with antibacterial soap, apply triple antibiotic cream (without painkiller compounds included) and wrap in gauze. If the legs are hanging by skin, try to remove with clean disinfected sharp scissors before doing these things. Maybe offer water if you can
Done. I can’t find any decent disinfectant creams but I’ll keep looking.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Oh, spiny granite lizard I believe. This is it with legs removed. Both were crushed and only skin was left.

Attachments

LizardStudent

Arachnosquire
Oh, spiny granite lizard I believe. This is it with legs removed. Both were crushed and only skin was left.
Poor guy :depressed: I would be impressed if he lived past the shock of this happening, but its not impossible, they are touch creatures. Rest and making sure the wounds are clean is the best thing now