Injured centipede antenna

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I just got an Scolopendra dehaani the other day. Its active and has been feeding regularly. However, for some reason when I received it, one of the antennas were missing. Its about 1/4 of the length of the other one. Not sure how it happened, but is it something I should be worried about? The antenna are red in color, but the tip of the injured one has a black tip. Almost like if you were to burn a frayed shoelace and quickly put it out..if that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
It'll regrow the antennae after a few molts. Losing one or having a shorter one won't affect it in any meaningful way. The black tip could be mycosis, which would also be solved with a molt.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
It'll regrow the antennae after a few molts. Losing one or having a shorter one won't affect it in any meaningful way. The black tip could be mycosis, which would also be solved with a molt.
Centipedes are actually strange in that they will not fully regenerate antennae with a molt. They will however, be fine with the damage. I’ve got a pling that’s molted twice fine now with a busted antenna after having the same black tip, and now it’s just a little stubby and he does fine.

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Centipedes are actually strange in that they will not fully regenerate antennae with a molt. They will however, be fine with the damage. I’ve got a pling that’s molted twice fine now with a busted antenna after having the same black tip, and now it’s just a little stubby and he does fine.
Alright good to know. I was just concerned because I know centipedes have poor sight and use their antennae for sensory purposes when hunting prey etc.