Inhabitant opinions and suggestions for planted odd dimension customized viv

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok, we have this 16 gallon high glass tank we have laying around that we want to deck out with live plants. We are looking for preferably an arboreal T (any interesting arboreal critter suggestions are appreciated as well) that appreciates moist substrate and high humidity.

The glass tank's dimensions are 20"L x 10"W x 19"H.
But we plan on removing the bottom glass pane and turning it on it's side so the bottom is now the side and the dimensions would then be 19"L x 10"W x 20"H. In place of the two missing walls we would create some locking acrylic hinged doors with alot of vent holes for side air flow. We may remove the wood frame too. If nothing works we may just end up setting another planted tank up as we know more about fishies.

Here's a few pics of the tank and thanks in advance for any input.

IMG952016072395152849685.jpg IMG_20160723_152823132.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like the depth for arboreal Ts, but the ventilation concerns me. Not impossible mind you.

Certain frogs would do well in that tank and other herps.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I like the depth for arboreal Ts, but the ventilation concerns me. Not impossible mind you.

Certain frogs would do well in that tank and other herps.
Yeah, it would make a great display viv for an arboreal T but that ventilation, maybe adding some of those circular screen type vents in the acrylic would be best.

We aren't too interested in frogs. We have a crested gecko already and the next gecko would be a tokay gecko but this tank wouldn't be good for that one as they grow too large for it. Other herps we are open to.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, Ts chew right through those, never use them.
That's right, I did see that thread. Vicious munchers they are. Without making it look like a cheese grater there is no hope for selecting a T.

rally

Arachnosquire
Cherry shrimp tank, or other neocaridina species, if you decide to go the aquarium route! They would love it. I started out with 20 and have easily over 150 two months later. Their behavior is very interesting to watch in a shrimp-only tank, as opposed to a mult-species tank where they hide all the time. Make great fish food too, if you can stand parting with them...and they will do little to no damage to a gorgeous aquascape.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cherry shrimp tank, or other neocaridina species, if you decide to go the aquarium route! They would love it. I started out with 20 and have easily over 150 two months later. Their behavior is very interesting to watch in a shrimp-only tank, as opposed to a mult-species tank where they hide all the time. Make great fish food too, if you can stand parting with them...and they will do little to no damage to a gorgeous aquascape.
Yeah, that's the route the lady took it. There's 5 ghost shrimp, 2 ghost cats (will add more when everything is right), a little lady betta, some Amazon swords and some hairgrass. Baby tears, java fern and moss and maybe some sagitarria and minuta will be added. It's got co2 and canister filter attached with some temporary lighting.

Will post pics when it all comes together.