Infrared for heating?

Boomslang77

Arachnopeon
Is infrared for scorpions ideal for night heating? They say they don't see the light but since I've been using them my scorpions seem less active at night acting if it was daylight,the heating source is great but debating if other light sources like blue or black would be better,any thoughts?

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No they dont see it and it is ideal. I use it with my scorpions and don't have any problems. Is it still an issue with your scorpion?

Feral

Arachnobaron
But they definitely do see in "black" light, in fact of all the light wavelengths in thier visible spectrum, arachnids see especially well in UV light.

Scorpionidad

Arachno-overlord
Old Timer
I use a white light during the day and an infrared during the night myself. I hope it helps with the day night cycle since it is always dark in my house.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I've been using a 40 watt CHE (ceramic heat emitter ) on my H. arizonensis. Those give off no light at all. Mind you, I've only had the scorpion since last September, but it seems to be working fine so far. The scorp is out and about when the room lights are off and hides away during the day and when the lights in the room are being used.
I suspect that if one were using a CHE on a scorp that prefers a bit of humidity, like an AFS, the humidity levels would need to be monitored a bit more carefully. Wait. Maybe it is CHEs being discussed, not incandescent infrared bulbs...I assumed from the context of the initial post that it is bulbs that give off light that are in question.