Inform me so I may make the best decision

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. pulchripes are a very awesome species :D I just got a 6" MF & 2 slings the other week. Very pretty & so fuzzy! The female is so calm, yet huge.

----------

Hey i was wondering if any one had experinece with this T. It's very skittish but yesterday it struck me on the hand without any warning or threat pose. I was doing routine maintence when i felt the pain. Lucky for it was a dry bite but my hand is really sore. I keep it at around 75% Humidity and the temp is 25-29 celsius. Any tips would be helpful ..? :)

Also i break out in lumps all over my body and find it hard to breathe when i get the hairs in my hand. I've noticed the Salmon pink hairs make me break out in a severe case and i was so uncomfortable i wanted to get knocked out.. seriously i really take a bad reaction to those hairs.

Does this mean i have a chance of dying if the venom had've been injected into me.. Idont want to learn the hard way. If i am allergic im not going to give up my T's there my life i have 8 beautiful T's

Advice please........
You may want to start your own thread :D Otherwise answers can get all tangled up

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
i really reccomend " a place for pets" in burien.. i got my 1st t there... a female l. parahybana i named lunchbox. very healthy lil pig lol. the store has a TON of t species to choose from at good prices.. also you can try BRANDON at captive inverts.com out of seattle/everett. tell him steven referred ya.. thats where i got my p.regalis and others from... very good with business and extremely helpful/ knowledgeable .. hell have ANYTHING YOU NEED

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Whichever ya choose id go to a place for pets in burien or to brandon at captive inverts.com out of seattle. tell him steven referred ya. he has anything ya want. very knowledgeable too.
OMG finally someone else in Washington! Thanks so much for giving me this info I've been searching like crazy online to find pet stores in the area that have T's. Only been recommended Bridges pet store and Jone's and Co, both of which are too long of a drive for me to justify just looking. But Burien is awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!

fugimugim

Arachnopeon
G. pulchripes are a very awesome species :D I just got a 6" MF & 2 slings the other week. Very pretty & so fuzzy! The female is so calm, yet huge.

----------

You may want to start your own thread :D Otherwise answers can get all tangled up
Thanks you only new to this site and find it hard to get answers your the first reply i got :) thanks you

SpiderDan92

Arachnopeon
Im getting my first T soon too, and I have decided on the Honduran Curly Hair (Brachypelma Albopilosum), as I have heard they are docile and pretty calm :D

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I were you I would start out with two: a Grammostola or Brachypelma, and an Avicularia. You'll end up with more than one T anyway, so why not take the plunge? ;) Terrestrial Ts are great -- I love my G. pulchra and G. pulchripes -- but can be a bit dull to watch when they decide to not move for days at a time. My B. smithi is more active, which I think might be true of Brachys in general. In my experience, avics (and other arboreals) are a ton of fun to observe! I've never had an adult, but a lot of them seem to have calm enough temperaments that jumping is not such a huge issue if they don't mind being handled. You also really can't go wrong with a GBB! I haven't handled mine since I unpacked her, but she seems pretty docile. I love watching her web and catch prey. Any of these species can be found fairly easily if you keep checking the AB classifieds.

Blurboy

Arachnopeon
Im getting my first T soon too, and I have decided on the Honduran Curly Hair (Brachypelma Albopilosum), as I have heard they are docile and pretty calm
This is exactly what I would recommend. They are fast growers, always on show, are easy to look after and easy to feed - unlike G roseawhich can fast making you worried something is wrong when in fact they're just replicating their natural eating behaviour. As a newbie though it does worry you but the Curly Hair won't give you this problem. As for itchy, they're only itchy if you handle them and it affects some people less. I got my sling a short while ago and it's amazing how quick it's grown and they truly are so easy to keep. Definitely a very good choice :}

Attachments