info on Vaejovis carolinianus

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i live in central alabama and i am looking for info regarding the species
Centruroides hentzi and Vaejovis carolinianus

Centruroides hentzi - i would like to know the range of were they live in the south east specificaly alabama i would also like to learn of any breeding info

Vaejovis carolinianus- i have heard of people handling these is this true or bs? also are they comunal creatures

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
V.c - Very communal..i haven't had a problem with mine. They are called Southern Scorchers, or Georgia Scorchers, which is given the name from th punch they pack. I wouldn't advise it, it would hurt.

C. hentzi - They have been either introduced or migrated to southern parts of Georgia, as well as living in Florida. If you could make your way towards those areas, you might have some luck, I am not sure if they have ever been located there.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
V.c - Very communal..i haven't had a problem with mine. They are called Southern Scorchers, or Georgia Scorchers, which is given the name from th punch they pack. I wouldn't advise it, it would hurt.

C. hentzi - They have been either introduced or migrated to southern parts of Georgia, as well as living in Florida. If you could make your way towards those areas, you might have some luck, I am not sure if they have ever been located there.

I wouldnt say it packs a punch like a 1 or 2 in venom level lil worse then an emperor!! And im pretty sure everyones handled one ive seen peeps hold level 4 and 5 scorps!! :eek:

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow

wow thats awsome if i catch some i am gona try and breed them

BurrowDweller

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not much to breeding them. If you have a few together chances are you will have some males and females. Then just let nature take its course. The young are very small and need to be fed small roach nymphs or other appropriate food items. The scorplings are pretty aggressive feeders and will sting multiple times! Fun to watch!