Info about my LP

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
Hi I was wondering why my Lps pink bird eaters two of them are always hiding in there burrow I never see them out at all can anyone tell me why? I have the heating right and water dish always topped up and feed them right also one side of there enclosure is also damp and other side dry i been doing everything correctly for there housing?? Thank you if you can tell me why

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
How big are they? Don't plan on seeing them barely at all when they are young. Mine didn't come out ever until she hit 3"

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
How big are they? Don't plan on seeing them barely at all when they are young. Mine didn't come out ever until she hit 3"
There over a year and a half I got them when they where slings I think there around 4 or 5 inches one grew very fast

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Tarantulas live in hides and burrows. Hiding is literally what they do, and how they survive.

But perhaps it’s issues with your enclosure’s. Post pictures of them for us to see.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
are always hiding in there burrow I never see them
Take the time to learn about the animals you own, and you’ll answer this simple question.

Then decide if you purchased the right animal.

Or are you confused about something?

Last edited:

sasker

Arachnoprince
We would like to see our beloved tarantulas as much as we want, but unfortunately our tarantulas are oblivious of the fact that they are living in these protected environments with lots of food for our enjoyment. They do what they would do in the wild, which is mainly hiding and trying not to get eaten. We may not like it, but that's how it is.

However, there could be something wrong with the way your keep them. For example, what do you mean by 'heating'? Tarantula enclosures should not be heated.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Definitely post some pics and answer the posed questions. You have made a few questionable statements and we're here to help if there's a real issue.

The flip side is - a lot of our kept species, when happy, aren't constantly visible....