Infested on AP

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been watching this show called Infested on Animal Planet. It's so freaking rediculous. Normally I take these shows with a grain of salt but this one is just beyond bad. I was watching the bit on scorpions and they are talking about "bark scorpions" and tote them as deadly but they are showing a desert hairy scorpion instead. I think they used them to have the freak out factor in play that the network is so good at using. The "everything is going to kill you!" method of television.

It's funny though. On both the roach and scorpion segmenta my only thoughts were "man I wish I had all those". Lol. :)

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AP is one o the biggest fear mongering animal channels ever! Every show is some ridiculous, extremely over-exaggerated ploy to scare people either into fearing exotic pets even more(and the people who keep them), or convincing people to not ever go on vacation under penalty of death from parasites, snakes, inverts, mammals etc., etc., and other such non-sense. And thus raising more public health concerns and scrutiny over the exotic pet trade! It's not even educational anymore! I can't tell you how many times I have heard them describe large Pythons and Anacondas as aggressive, man-eating killers. Anyways, it's all gone downhill ever since Steve Irwin died and the HSUS got involved. They have a show now called "Human Prey"! Well thats my rant, enjoy!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I actually had the misfortune of watching this show on tv the other day and it was terrible :barf: It's nothing but theatrics to get viewers and I wonder what impact their fear mongering will have on wildlife.

llamastick

Arachnoknight
They should just rename "Animal Planet" to "Puppies and Kittens Planet". Such a joke of a channel anymore...

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What does that show "I Shouldn't be Alive" even have to do with animals? That channel used to be good, but then everything went down the hole.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What does that show "I Shouldn't be Alive" even have to do with animals? That channel used to be good, but then everything went down the hole.
Agree! that show belongs on TLC or something else.

Krissrock

Arachnopeon
yeah, the bit on the scorpions was quite corny, especially since it was never the actual species of the scorpion they kept referencing.

But I do appreciate the shows like "the monsters with in" or whatever...on the parasites...Man, that's good stuff to know.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I've seen the show you're all talking about. I had the same reaction. I only saw the episode with spiders and ants... but :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: That just about sums it up...