infestation

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I looked inmy 55 gallon tank that i have all my ts in (all of them are in smaller enclosures....and i seen some very small bugs..they look like very very small crickets and they are kind of clear except for some black stuff i can see inside of them which must be their intestines...does anyone have any idea what these are?..how do i get rid of them?....is it too dry in the peat moss??...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe pinhead crickets? Can you try to get some pics of them? Can the bugs fly, or not?

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i hate to even suggest it, but in a tank that size i imagine it would be easy for a few crickets to go uneaten, meet, fall in love, mate, and have babies. You might have a tank full of baby crickets

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe pinhead crickets? Can you try to get some pics of them? Can the bugs fly, or not?
i can try to get some pictures..but no they aren't flying at all...its just a lot of them...also its been about 90 degrees in that tank for at least a week so.... the heat could be a culprit..if its just crickets and not anything else I'll leave em alone and use em for food...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i can try to get some pictures..but no they aren't flying at all...its just a lot of them...also its been about 90 degrees in that tank for at least a week so.... the heat could be a culprit..if its just crickets and not anything else I'll leave em alone and use em for food...
Alrighty, wow 90F? A little hot don't ya think, but ya I think they are pinhead crickets.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea, these have to be crickets because they are doing the cricket motto that even adults do....see water....go drown in it lol....also even at this very small size i see the long anntenne (sp)

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just had some hatched in one of my pokie tank. They're pretty much harmless.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea, these have to be crickets because they are doing the cricket motto that even adults do....see water....go drown in it lol....also even at this very small size i see the long anntenne (sp)
Oh, yup, those are definately crickets. They really are stupid lol. Catch em and feed em to slings.

I just had some hatched in one of my pokie tank. They're pretty much harmless.
Yeah and annoying!

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LAWLZ! :clap:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm, like many have said, those sound like baby crickets. I have some of my own, except mine were intentional. Not accidents.

Check out the pics here.

So if they look like that, they are indeed pinheads. I really have no use for pinhead, but raising them is fun (even though they kind of smell), one of my friend has a Chameleon and wants some, so I said, 'who not, I'll hook you up, give me a month to raise some.' And here I am today, with a 100 or so little freaks running around in a Tupperware container. Be greatful they can't make noise yet man... You'd have the sound police at your house in seconds if they were.

Like someone suggested, catch them and feed them to slings, or to get rid of them just let the tank dry out for a few days.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for taking those pictures they look just like that but a little bit smaller. my camera isn't that good so thanks again,

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
To get rid of them just keep things dry and they'll eventually drown themselves in the water dish.