infection

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone else ever gotten an infection from urticating hairs? I just let tiny bits of puss out of maybe 60 little things on my ring finger...I'll try and get a picture up later

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:D Yep same thing happens to me sometimes, Ill get what looks like small blisters of clear fluid. Gloves are my friend.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
samn here.. i get the same thing... i use nitrile gloves cause they give me more grip and aren't as slippery as latex.

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anything to do with this besides benedryl cream for swelling and waiting till it goes away?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
anything to do with this besides benedryl cream for swelling and waiting till it goes away?
i am ultra sensitive to hairs. Even just moving a T that doesn't kick hairs on me causes a horrible break out. It doesn't bother me at the time but shortly afterwards. i feel like i'm allergic to the whole friggin T. i've often been curious if an OW T would cause me any sort of reaction but i'm too chicken to hold any of my OW's (OBT's, Pokie's, C. crawshayi, etc... :eek: ) to test my theory!! The ONLY thing that gives me any real relief is prescription Zyrtec. i suppose you could take oral Bendedryl and i would go straight to a cortizone cream.

i think the little blisters are actually caused from scratching - for me at least.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Has anyone else ever gotten an infection from urticating hairs? I just let tiny bits of puss out of maybe 60 little things on my ring finger...I'll try and get a picture up later
That's why I traded my L. difficilus :) I'd have to wait for the blisters to bust to get the hairs out... and itchy as all hell !

sarah1031

Arachnopeon
Yea.. I just got my first T about a 2 months ago and I can't even touch it without become extremely itchy afterward.. It only kicked hair onto me once... which made things 100 times worse. That benadryl spray sounds real good.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah its a lot better then they cream. I tried both of them... the spray does make you a little bit sticky but just try to deal with it for a bit then wash your hands or something. (thanks again Texas Blonde) {D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ever tried freebasing benadryl or maybe shooting it?

(That was a joke people)

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL, etown.

Funny, you post this because I recently found out how allergic I really am to my T's hairs. (b.smithi) He wasn't such a kicker when he was smaller and never effected me. But now that he kicks a lot I've been suffering from major breakouts. It took me a while to figure it out at first, because they don't show up right away. Maybe takes a couple days. But, when they do they look like blisters with clear liquid in them (as talkenlate described, exactly). Annnnd itchy? OMG.

I thought I had contracted an STD when I first noticed the bumps. I was about to make a very embarassing phone call. :D

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay so that is at least three of us that have that reaction, is that an allergy or is it the hairs getting infected because our bodies to try to push them out?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My guess is that this is a minor infection and you're body is trying to remove the offending item. I've seen other pics of reactions to urties that were more like a big rash breaking out all around the affected area which seems more like an allergic response in my completely untrained opinion.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
okay so that is at least three of us that have that reaction, is that an allergy or is it the hairs getting infected because our bodies to try to push them out?
that is not quite a right statement. and infection is a growth of bacteria or other organism inside of your body.

the setae open up a bunch of tiny holes in your skin. your skin is one of your primary lines in your immune system. you come in contact with hundreds of species of bacteria and *stuff* that never make it past your skin... but know that your breached multiply stuff can find their way in

our bodies *do* push foreign objects out... but not by virtue of infection, unless i am seriously seriously wrong

wikiwikiwiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infection

oh man, i forgot about prions and viroids. crazy stuff.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that is not quite a right statement. and infection is a growth of bacteria or other organism inside of your body.

the setae open up a bunch of tiny holes in your skin. your skin is one of your primary lines in your immune system. you come in contact with hundreds of species of bacteria and *stuff* that never make it past your skin... but know that your breached multiply stuff can find their way in

our bodies *do* push foreign objects out... but not by virtue of infection, unless i am seriously seriously wrong

wikiwikiwiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infection

oh man, i forgot about prions and viroids. crazy stuff.
I think he means some sort of immunological reaction; the immune system attacking the hairs as if they were some sort of parasite or even something similar to an allergic reaction.

I guess that's possible, but I'm not an immunologist.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think he means some sort of immunological reaction; the immune system attacking the hairs as if they were some sort of parasite or even something similar to an allergic reaction.

I guess that's possible, but I'm not an immunologist.
immune reaction, possibly

but, again, unless i am seriously wrong anytime you see pus that in a pretty decent indication of infection. pus... *should* be expended white blood cells. white blood cells are multiphages, iirc, basically chemically "eating" anything in your body that needs to be destroyed. hmm... that sounds wrong. perhaps they are cytophages, only. that sounds a little more correct.

my jerk-ass stepmom got rid of all my medical books, so i am a bit rusty with such stuff.

we need a human dr type to post :)

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The reason I am thinking infection is that, I've been haired all over my arm with little to no reaction. What happened with me is that I have a wart on my finger and so after being haired I put some duct tape around my finger. Only under the bandaid where the hairs could not escape did the 50-60ish ant bite like pus thingies appear(very scientific wording of course).