Indian Violet Sling Problem

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Is this the same species with the common name “Violet Tree Spider”?
No, thus why common names are such a confusing pain in the butt. :rolleyes: IIRC "Violet Tree Spider" is referring to Tapinauchenius violaceus. Chilobrachys fimbriatus is not an arboreal T - the genus is known for being hardcore burrowers.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
View attachment 317486 Hi, i have this indian violet for I think a year now as a sling. I bought it very small and saw it grow. I usually change the substrate after few months. Then few months ago after I changed the substrate, my indian violet never dug a hole for him/her and never ate too. Idk what to do. He/she is still alive but never eats. Im afraid it will die soon. I have the substrate moist regularly at corners of the enclosure. Please if someone can help thankss
For starters, i suggest you stop changing substrate. It is very stressful for them and this can.be the reason it doesnt burrow. Substrate does not have to be changed ever! When you rehouse it to something bigger, you can use the same substrate, mixed with the new! The old sub scents familiair to the spider. The less you change substrate the better. I have tarantulas that hsve had the same substrate for 10nyears!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
No, thus why common names are such a confusing pain in the butt. :rolleyes: IIRC "Violet Tree Spider" is referring to Tapinauchenius violaceus. Chilobrachys fimbriatus is not an arboreal T - the genus is known for being hardcore burrowers.
Ah, yes. Common names....

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
It's even worse, "violet tree spider" is common name of T. cupreus, and common name of T. violaceus is "purple tree spider". As **** logic, long live confusion... :banghead: