Indian Violet Sling Problem

Hutake

Arachnopeon
A5BC5EBB-CC54-4F02-AE64-95BAD1D6B793.jpeg Hi, i have this indian violet for I think a year now as a sling. I bought it very small and saw it grow. I usually change the substrate after few months. Then few months ago after I changed the substrate, my indian violet never dug a hole for him/her and never ate too. Idk what to do. He/she is still alive but never eats. Im afraid it will die soon. I have the substrate moist regularly at corners of the enclosure. Please if someone can help thankss

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I do not see why is that a problem. If it is willing then will dig and make a burrow, if it is not, then will not happen.

I would suggest to give it a larger enclosure, and a hide for it.

I put mine in this enclosure and provided a hide. It never dig a hole, but made a beautiful web burrow for itself.

7DF3FBBD-10D9-45AB-ABE1-2C306259AFBA.jpeg

875C97B1-647E-483D-B331-6A7985B5E3BE.jpeg

0559AB42-4FDC-48B0-9971-7BD1B8812CC4.jpeg

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Looks fat enough it won't die too soon, I'd give it a bigger enclosure with a hide like @BoyFromLA said and don't change the substrate unless it is necessary.

Hutake

Arachnopeon
I do not see why is that a problem. If it is willing then will dig and make a burrow, if it is not, then will not happen.

I put mine in this enclosure and provided a hide. It never dig a hole, but made a beautiful web burrow for itself.

View attachment 317489

View attachment 317490

View attachment 317491
Thought they always burrow. Idk I just miss how he/she looks like before inside his/her burrow. Thanks

Looks fat enough it won't die too soon, I'd give it a bigger enclosure with a hide like @BoyFromLA said and don't change the substrate unless it is necessary.
Thank you maybe I should do that

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
View attachment 317486 Hi, i have this indian violet for I think a year now as a sling. I bought it very small and saw it grow. I usually change the substrate after few months. Then few months ago after I changed the substrate, my indian violet never dug a hole for him/her and never ate too. Idk what to do. He/she is still alive but never eats. Im afraid it will die soon. I have the substrate moist regularly at corners of the enclosure. Please if someone can help thankss
put that BIG sling in a larger enclosure, and you can start a hole for it to push it into building a nice home.

View attachment 317489

View attachment 317490

View attachment 317491
cute pillow my grand mother used to have a pillow like that

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Thought they always burrow. Idk I just miss how he/she looks like before inside his/her burrow. Thanks
Mine only burrowed as a sling. When I rehoused it as a juvenile I gave it deep sub and some anchor points, it chose not to burrow but used the anchor points to make a web castle.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Your supposed to change substrate?
no in fact it would be best to never do it 'less it be caused by a rehouse. Such disturbance would be counter productive and reset the acclimation period. Which is why often beginners stress out about their T not acclimation, it worries them and they change stuff causing the period to take longer. Unless you spilt a can of beans by accident there isn't much cause to replace sub. I am bit of a freak and spot clean often, but who doesn't? ...right? RIHGT?!
sorry but replacing sub sounds like horrid pet store advice to me. The amount of foliage I've added, glued pieces, etc. I'd have to take apart the cage.
Ts by no means require to be totally sterile in a sterile environment. Here the nature argument applies well, dirt has been dirty since god made it.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
That's good, I have quite a few t's that have been on the same dirt for more than a few years.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I have always found " Indian violets" super pretty. I think they are chilobrachys violetus or something right? Are they super fast and crazy like other Chilo's

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I have always found " Indian violets" super pretty. I think they are chilobrachys violetus or something right? Are they super fast and crazy like other Chilo's
Chilobrachys fimbriatus! :) I don't have one yet (which really needs to change because they're lovely), but they do overall seem to have a slightly more even keel than the rest of the genus based on what I've seen of them. I'm sure they're still just as capable of the usual Chilobrachys antics, though - which is part of why I like the genus lol.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Fimbriatus duh me! Can't get over the abdomen pattern. They look so cool. Not sure how often owners actually see them but hey they look nice

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
The funny thing is I kept several t's for years before I figured out the white stuff was poop. Kind of embarrassing.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I honestly didn't see alot of it. Not sure where it went. When I did I thought it mold or something.