Indian Violet (C. fimbriatus)

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awfully cute and a precocious 2.5"! Talk about a tough shot - that's diagonal into a small plastic square 'beany baby' container, holding the top off just enough for the camera lens with one hand, and taking the pic with the other... Hoping the little speed demon won't come blasting out! ;)

Attachments

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

wow i'm putting those on my want list, cool pic--jeff

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
What is that brown thing next to her abdomen on the left ? Nice looken spide tho !

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
It would appear to be a molted skin, SS. given the size change I've seen in mine, it could be from as few as two molts ago. Mine is almost the same size, but I haven't noticed it ever being so hairy! It hardly ever comes out to play, but lately I've gotten to see it in action. This sucker has some serious additude, and never wastes time in getting a meal. Unlike my other T's, which seem to wait for the right opportunity, this one will chase down a cricket until it nabs it, then run straight back into the burrow. Fun as heck to watch it hunt.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does anyone else besides me, think that Chilobrachys fimbriatus should really be classified as a Haplopelma?

Big Dragonfly

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Nah, the abdomen is of a way different proportion, and the build looks totally different. But hey, I'm no taxonomist, and I'm still trying to figure out why M. zebtratum is not in Cyclosternum.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When everything is said and done, I think it will be.

Big Dragonfly