Indian Ornamental (Poecilotheria regalis)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the enclosure I made for my Poecilotheria regalis do I need more substrate or anything else???

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have one of those.. I would add a couple of fake leaves. I went to a dollar store and got some .. sometimes they have them on a vine like thing. i simply bent the wire so it was mostly up near the top, and bent the end like a hook and hooked it over a knob on the wood..
I have 4 arboreals and they all like it.
The leaves are part of their natural environment and they use them to anchor their webbing to.
Hope this helps.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
only thing to be careful with is that looks like the wood thats sold in petco and such, and its very easy to get mold growing on it. I had to scrap my Avic's tank for that reason and replaced it with cork bark, but besides for that its ok, i would also include a semi hide in the tree someplace, thats a little out in the open, something as simple as just another piece of wood so it can go between the two will work fine.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
only thing to be careful with is that looks like the wood thats sold in petco and such, and its very easy to get mold growing on it. I had to scrap my Avic's tank for that reason and replaced it with cork bark, but besides for that its ok, i would also include a semi hide in the tree someplace, thats a little out in the open, something as simple as just another piece of wood so it can go between the two will work fine.
thats right. its sandblasted grapevine. and it does mole with humidity. i have found a solution to this though. i got tired of all of my enclosures having corkbark in them. it just looked to uniform. so i started experementing with different methods of keeping the grapevine mold-free. and the solution was simple. bake it in aluminum foil at 275 for about 30 minutes. then take it outside and spray it with clear spray paint. give it 2-3 coats allwoing it to dry in between coats. then let it sit for a few days to cure and to keep any toxic fumes, etc. from affecting the spider. then put it back in the tank and...ta-da. no more mold problems. :D