Indian Ornamental (female) + Singapore Blue (male)

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, i have a adult female indian ornamental, and was wondering, since the ratio of males to females is 1 female to every 5 males, (in Singapore Blue ) if i got a male, try and breed him with my indian ornamental. i have read meny storys about cross-breeding working. i was just wondering what would you get, a very big blue/purple indian ornamental or a Singapore Blue with awasome pattens?

just a thought that might be put in to action. :D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
probably too far apart to mate

get ready for ppl to bitch at you, by the way ;)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know if it would work, they are both different genus names. People get upset about cross breeding because it is hard enough to lablel the T's that are in the hobby with the correct names, if people start inbreeding, it will become impossible.
A lot of people also don't like the idea that if someone cross breeds T's, and then sells them. Somewhere down the line, someone will end up with a cross bred T that they think is not, and breed it. The babies could end up looking very different from either parent, and not what the breeder planned on at all.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
theres no way that will work lol!!try it and prove us wrong

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I think your male would be better off sent elsewhere..... Your T though.

*and after breaking my own rule of reading before posting, I will now chew on my foot for a while.

Cheers,
Scott

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is all I'm going to say on the subject because I've been known to make an ass of myself in these threads.

If you don't know enough about biology to know that two spiders from two different sub-families are unable to interbreed, you shouldn't be breeding. Full stop.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is all I'm going to say on the subject because I've been known to make an ass of myself in these threads.

If you don't know enough about biology to know that two spiders from two different sub-families are unable to interbreed, you shouldn't be breeding. Full stop.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
I prase you for the short controlled to the point answer Sir!

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are there not enough species of T's already?? :lol
Yes I agree that the idea sounds interesting, but would never try it. Just keep it in the imagination. As said earlier, there is already enough crap going on in the industy with 'wrong' T's being sold & ppl trying to breed them.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I came to the thread to say pretty much this. These are different SPECIES. You aren't thinking of breeding a poodle and a labrador, you're thinking of breeding a dog and a camel. It doesn't work that way. :)

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I came to the thread to say pretty much this. These are different SPECIES. You aren't thinking of breeding a poodle and a labrador, you're thinking of breeding a dog and a camel. It doesn't work that way. :)
Why can not people understand that species has very little to do with crossbreeding.

By far more species of life can cross breed then not.

To the OP.

I understand what you are thinking. You have a male you do not want and a female with out a male. Just do not do it. You do not understand what is really going on here.

What are you going if they have a sack, Keep all of them. Freeze them. Try to sale them.

I will say this, if you go to any of the major forums and try to sale hybrids you will get a very bad back lash. You will get hung out to dry and your name will appear on many threads. I doubt many people will want to do any business with you and you will get, our version of essentially black listed.

Dealers will stop doing business with you and you will not be able to do breeding deals. Not everyone would black list you. But enough would to make it impossible to be part of our community.

Or you can post mm in the for sale/dating section, and move on.

I'm not telling not to crossbreed, I'm telling you that this is a very small community and has some ideas of what they think is acceptable.

If you do cross breed, do not sale/give away the slings.

I think we need another post/poll on this.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, i know someone who has done it! a Brachypelma vagans and a Grammolstola rosea, and it worked! they mated and the egg sack droped and they hached, when it came to geting ride of them, im not shore what he did, but he keeped 2 to see what they tern out like. if turns out they like to dig a bit, slow moving and calm, and are very very slow growing. and they looking like a bit of both, the 2 look the same, but look like 1/2 Brachypelma vagans and 1/2 Grammolstola rosea.

all i wanted to know is what people would think a 1/2 Indian Ornamental and 1/2 Singapore Blue would look like.

im sorry for the people i have offended. so i have desided what a Singapore Blue female will make a good next door neighbor insted. :D

one more thing, a dog and a camel is a bit far to say that. tigers, there are loads of different types that can cross breed no prob, same thing with lions, loads of different types that can cross breed with no problems at all, but you can also breed a lion and a tiger together to make a liger! (dont beleave me, type it in on youtube or google) they are from a different genus, but it works because they are both part of the Big Cat family, the same reason that a singapore blue and a indian ornamental are both Tarantulas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IigVSwp4bwY

(theres the vid of the liger)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Human classify, but nature decides.

I'd like to see what an hybrid Singapore Ornemental would look like. Perhaps we should try with Photoshop instead?

Yeah, solution : Virtual crossbreeding!

Heeeee-Haaaaaw!

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I say why interbreed T's when you have so many species and colors to choose from already. I breed Bearded Dragons and the different morphs are what's HOT same with snakes lots of morphs being produced. But with T's you have a ton to choose from and more being discovered as time passes. People collect whats unique thats why the big buzz in the reptile bizz but with T's there are plenty of rare species you can try to obtain to set yourself apart from other collectors and to be the first to successfully keep and breed a sought after species would be reward enough just my opinion though.:D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok, i know someone who has done it! a Brachypelma vagans and a Grammolstola rosea, and it worked! they mated and the egg sack droped and they hached, when it came to geting ride of them, im not shore what he did, but he keeped 2 to see what they tern out like. if turns out they like to dig a bit, slow moving and calm, and are very very slow growing. and they looking like a bit of both, the 2 look the same, but look like 1/2 Brachypelma vagans and 1/2 Grammolstola rosea.
all i wanted to know is what people would think a 1/2 Indian Ornamental and 1/2 Singapore Blue would look like.
I would stake the entire collection in my profile on the fact this did not happen.

The person is lying to you.

one more thing, a dog and a camel is a bit far to say that. tigers, there are loads of different types that can cross breed no prob, same thing with lions, loads of different types that can cross breed with no problems at all, but you can also breed a lion and a tiger together to make a liger! (dont beleave me, type it in on youtube or google) they are from a different genus, but it works because they are both part of the Big Cat family, the same reason that a singapore blue and a indian ornamental are both Tarantulas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IigVSwp4bwY

(theres the vid of the liger)
Lions and tigers are in the same genus, Pantera. This is an example of an inter-specific hybrid.

The lion is Pantera leo and the tiger is Pantera tigris.

This would be more like trying to breed a lion and a housecat.