Indian Ornamental breeding

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Last night I paired up Poecilotheria regalis. Here are a couple of interesting pics.
Is your epigastric furrow dialated, or are you just happy to see me? :)

Attachments

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
free roamin'

Female went out looking for the source of the tapping and drumming. She was out, then back in, then out again.
john

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LaRiz,

I did the exact same thing last night. Unfortunately, I had to leave for work and didn't get to see any action. He was drumming, she would respond and advance, and he would move away. When I came home from work this morning, he was grooming himself, no longer drumming, and she was back in her hide. I would assume they hooked up since the behavior was different.

I think I'll leave him in for a few days, then take him out and let my other male have a shot at her.

Botar

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had a pair of P.regalis cohabitating now for three weeks.I've seen a lot of action out of the two of them but not managed to see anything like your pics.Those pics especially the closeup of the female are just too cool.Great pics!....peace...

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Truly awesome close-ups, John. And good luck on the breeding!

Joy

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. regalis

Nice pix! Cohabitation is they way to go with these guys.

N-Joy
Art

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
superb pics! good luck on getting an eggsac, you can never have too many of these :)

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what sort of container did you remove the male with cause i have terrible trouble trying to catch mine

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations, La Riz!

Great pics! Let us know how things turn out!

You, too, Botar! Congrats and keep us posted!

Take care,

Paul

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Excellent pix! Let me know when/if the tiny T's are ready to be unloaded! Have been trying to get ahold of one for ever! I have a P. fasciata, however

Kristin=D

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sham,Tarantulas
what sort of container did you remove the male with cause i have terrible trouble trying to catch mine
My females container is quite large compared to the males, so I just put the males container inside the females and took the lid off. It really isn't that hard to round them up though. Just work cautiously with a long handled paintbrush and give them an "out". If you make that "out" the container you want them to go into, you've got it made.

Botar