Indian meal moth look alikes infestation

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have these small grayish-silver moths that infested a bag of dry cat food that had a hole in the store and when I opened the bag out they flew and laid eggs in my roach tank. However, they do not look like indian meal moths. They are a bit smaller, more slender, and then run very fast and fly similar to a hawkmoth they can hover almost, they are faster in general than the bulky-flying indian meal moths. Their larvae are longer and more slender than the short and fat meal moth larvae, but same color. Whats interesting is these moths drink liquid! They are highly attracted to fresh apples and the juice and will actually sip up the juice (or water) if no apple is available. They dont seem to have a probascis but they dip their mouth parts in and do drink. Indian meal moths do not do this. These breed so fast I counted over 200 larvae from just 2 moths and in a month had over 100 moths hatch in my room. My entire roach 20 gallon tank has the substrate all stuck in webbing, I have to clean the entire thing out.

I cannot get a picture of them they are too small and too fast. Any idea which species they are?

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No idea what they are but I found them in my roach containers once. It would be interesting to find out what they are.