Indian house cricket?

RoseT

Arachnosquire
So on Friday I had to take a trip to the LPS to pick up some feeders and the dude that works there told me he was changing his cricket stock to a new sp he was introduced to as " Organic Cricket sp".???.Hmmm..link is below....So I went ahead and bought them, fed my T's...What Ive noticed about this SP, is that they seem to be very Hardy, dont seem to give out an odor. and are alot quicker and more hyper than the average SP. My LP was actually having trouble catching its prey because they wouldnt stop jumping around....Anyhow, I just wanted to see if anyone of you have experience with this SP, and would like to chime in on anything....

http://www.elharo.com/blog/nature/bugs/2008/07/28/indian-house-cricket/

Mez

Arachnoknight
These look to be what we just call brown crickets. They're too jumpy for me, sometimes these are the only ones available in small size, personally I prefer the black. Every time I use these, I loose about 3 opening the lid, and always have. You'll be best pulling the back legs off them if you aren't able to drop them right infront of the T, and even then they seem to change direction in midair somehow.

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
those look like the ones we have here...if you take your tongs/pliars and grab their leg right in front of the knee joint theyll drop the leg (if you rip it off theyll bleed to death like the spider would) and then you dont have to worry bout it jumping around too much...my spiders dont have a problem catching them but then thats all ive fed mine