Incredible spring trip...

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I took this little trip yesterday as an opportunity to work on my photography skills a bit. I wanted to try and work on getting some decent lizard shots.

Here are some pics of the habitat at this breathtaking location:

Next was my first attempt at capturing one of those lizard pics. I saw around 100 or more eastern collared lizards, so I had many opportunities to try:

I was then presented with this interesting opportunity. I thought I'd take a pic to represent what it would be like if we were hiding in cracks and crevices from "human hunting" herps:

I then found two milk snakes. I didn't, as you can tell, work on my photography skills with these animals as I see plenty of them anyway:

#1 (gorgeous gentilis/syspila intergrade):

#2 (very small gentilis):

And a pic of our friend, the box turtle:

Now I'm not sure how many of you have had a face to face encounter with this next critter. They are very interesting indeed, yet very defensive on the same note. I felt very honored to get this close (<10') to this little fellow, my first live badger- the wolverine of the Midwest:

And to finish off here are a few more collared lizard shots I took of a very pretty male who was surprisingly inquisitive of me:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the pics as much as I did shooting them. As I really tried hard with these, comments and criticism are welcome. Thanks.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow beautiful animals all the way,just love seeing them in their natural habitat:clap:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOVE the badger.

I would really like to have one in the backyard.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great pictures and great trip!:clap: I sure wish I had animals like that in my area.