Incoming!

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I have successfully ordered a 1" GBB (which I'm the most excited for) and a 1/4" A. genic (which I am also very VERY excited for!) The only thing im missing is a container small enough for the genic. Other than that, i believe i am all set! Cant wait to see the GBB web up her tank and watch the genic demolish everything in its path.
Quick question that i dont believe ive seen anywhere and may be the only bit of research I'm missing: Burrowing habits of each if there are any?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
The GBB will not burrow at all instead it'll web up a lot and Ive never owned a genic before so sorry I cant help much there. as for a cage a pill bottle or small deli cup will be fine for a 1/4" sling. sometimes even the vial its shipped in is the same cage they kept them in.

EDIT... even thought the GBB wont burrow you should still have some substrate if it decides to shift dirt around which does happen.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The GBB probably won't burrow at all, I did provide mine with a hide but it just made a carpet of web above the substrate and stayed on that.

My A. geniculata was about 4" when I got her but I think slings will burrow, a small condiment cup will do for a 1/4" sling.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
The GBB won't burrow but you should make sure to have anchor points for it to web. Fake plants, cork bark, etc.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
It's a good idea to give the gbb a little higher enclosure, so they have room for their webbing. They like using dry substrate in their Webb. First I used moist substrate, but they hated it. So I just overflow their waterdish.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I recently got a 1/2 inch A genic. It has burrowed straight to the bottom of the cup. Ive been told that it will stop burrowing as it gets bigger. My GBB has never burrowed, just laid a lot of silk.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I have successfully ordered a 1" GBB (which I'm the most excited for) and a 1/4" A. genic (which I am also very VERY excited for!) The only thing im missing is a container small enough for the genic. Other than that, i believe i am all set! Cant wait to see the GBB web up her tank and watch the genic demolish everything in its path.
Quick question that i dont believe ive seen anywhere and may be the only bit of research I'm missing: Burrowing habits of each if there are any?
My A. genic. dug when it was a sling. It doesn't really any more at 4 inches. My GBB hates the dirt. and just stays in its web. I love them! I just ordered 2 more!