Inanimate/Product Photography

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pretty much the same with the other thread about portraiture.
Let's see what you photograph!

Anything from cell phones to soda :)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken this winter. The bubbles are frozen into the top of the ice. I don't know if it is what you meant by this thread or not....

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So anything not living? Ok well I took this picture yesterday and thought it came out pretty good!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My brother was selling this knife and needed some photos today

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then maybe this fits the thread a bit better, though ice is an inanimate object.....

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The purpose of this photo was to remind the people that hey, Drugs are STILL a problem, they are STILL in the schools, on the streets, and are being consumed more and more everyday by a younger and younger generation each year. It is STILL a problem. We can't just move from a neighborhood when it's becoming a drug infestation. We should take action..

I must note, it was not actually cocain but instead, confectioners sugar.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The purpose of this photo was to remind the people that hey, Drugs are STILL a problem, they are STILL in the schools, on the streets, and are being consumed more and more everyday by a younger and younger generation each year. It is STILL a problem. We can't just move from a neighborhood when it's becoming a drug infestation. We should take action..

I must note, it was not actually cocain but instead, confectioners sugar.
Oh I was wondering what that "substance" was... Having a razor in a photo makes it so much deeper in my opinion, don't know why, but you can really feel it (At least I can..).

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Much appreciated Hassman. I used the razor because that is what they use to "cut it up", or line it up. I also felt the "made in USA" writing on it may push some buttons.

I re-processed the photo, however, to lighten it up and make it brighter.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I knew thats what the razor was for in this picture. But in other pictures, a razor really "means somthing" to me. But in this picture it was a tool, but still, you know...

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer

just a quick shot at a birthday party, not much set up. but I liked the image

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It'd make a neat stock image, just watch out for shadows from the on camera flash hitting the lens :)

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
It'd make a neat stock image, just watch out for shadows from the on camera flash hitting the lens :)
As I was posting it I saw that, I wanted to crop it, but I didn't have access to the full res pic.

Thanks for the tip tho I'm seeing more and more as I look at more and more pics.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A friend always told me shoot your image without being able to crop it in mind. One way to avoid those shadows is an external flash. Just adjust the power according to your aperture (assuming you're shooting up close) - keep your SS over 1/125 and have your flash angled torward your subject.

Or if you want to go all out, consider a 100mm f2.8 macro lens as well as a ring flash of some sort.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

I don't know if "photography" is the best word for it, but I've always liked this picture.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im selling you some dinner at a fine restaurant in mexico...
canon powershot g10 handheld lol