Inactive Avic

bjornnn

Arachnopeon
I keep an A.versicolor spiderling (about 2.5 - 3cm) in a 20cm high, 9 cm wide glass jar with about 6/7cm of substrate and as many vent holes in the lid as I could fit. Problem is it never seems to catch the crickets, although I suspect it has eaten a few already-dead ones which have dissapeared, it just slowly follows them now and then in a half-arsed sort of way never quite managing to catch up with them. I've had it for about 2 and a half weeks and it hasnt really made any webbing at all and is generally very inactive. Does anyone have any advice? Cheers

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If that Reading under your location info is the one in PA I am thinking of it is getting pretty cold lately and it's just going to get colder. Check the temp your keeping it at. It could also be getting close to pre-molt if you haven't actually seen it eat. Even if it did eat at that size it could go pre-molt to molt very quickly.

Generally though check and keep an eye on temp and humidity through the fall and winter especially for our area if you are in fact in PA.