In Your Opinion...

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've been curious to know what you guys think are the top ten most exciting scorps to own? {D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a few boring species (emps, flatrocks, stuff like that), and the first "hot" I got was a world of excitement compared to those . . . Parabuthus l(e)iosoma.

I just got some baby Babycurus jacksoni a couple weeks ago, and they're loads of fun, too. I also have a HUGE Heterometrus spinifer that's usually a pet hole but still pretty exciting when he's out of his hide.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeah im kinda new to the whole scorp thing but i hear b. jacksoni are really fun. are they hard to care for?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

B.jacksoni are incredibly fun, and easy to care for, perfect INTERMEDIATE species,

once i got stung by my adult male, i realised what the cost of "fun" is in a scorpion species ;)

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Almost any bark scorpion is "fun". Lychus mucronatus is pretty neat but they are also very flighty. All my Centruroides sp are entertaining. I was expecting it to be just another part of my collection when I first got them but all of my L. quinquestriatus are some of my favorites now, they are very surface active (ussually just sitting in the middle of the terrarium but that counts ;) and are possibly the heartiest eaters I have right now, I'll feed them 5 adult cricks a week and they still come out for more. They are also one of the few scorps that will actually chase down their prey or rush it, I actually have a vid of one of them lunging for a crick as soon as I dropped it in, you have to watch it in slow motion to tell whether the cricket even touches the ground or not.

CURARE

Arachnopeon
all kind of scorps ;)

Hi ,
sorry for my bad english, i am german :wall:
in my opinion all scorps are awesome,difficult and great athropods for privatstudying ;) .
here are my Top 10 (extraordinary flavour,favourite colour red :D )
awesome,some rare,greatest, real poisonous ..................
1. Tityus bahiensis
2. Rhopalurus laticauda
3. Rhopalurus junceus
4. Zabius fuscus
5. Heterometrus swammerdammi
6. Tityus trinitatis
7. Centruroides hentzi
8. Lychas nigristernis
9. Hadogenes paucidens
10.Grosphus limbatus
but there are so much ...i can´t list all,i haven´t seen all, not all all are discovered .........
greets
CURARE

CURARE

Arachnopeon
edit:
please no missunderstanding ,my Top 10 are no beginner species. i find scorps are all difficult and dangerous , there is no fun!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a serious hobby, caring is possible ,a lot work,of course! for beginning , i ve started with Pandinus, Heterometrus and Euscorpius. and if you want to try to breed ,then semisocial scorps and no wildcaught should be prefered.breeding is much luck and caring,too.good habitat infos are needed and good food ,too. then it can be fun :D ,
greets
CURARE

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd say Hadogenes paucidens is about as begginer as they get. Mine isn't agressive, doesn't sting, very weak venom, and incredibly easy to care for.

By the way, that's "venomous," not "poisonous." :cool:

CURARE

Arachnopeon
damn, venomous :wall: . i know that word , forgive me {D .for Hadogenes paucidens ,i made a general answer , for not missunderstanding, i didn´t explain all species ;),some are more venomous ,some are easier.... Hadogenes paucidens falls under beauty.that is all a kind of definition , different opinions,different experiences ........
next time i do it more exactly :cool:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No worries . . . paucidens is really cool-looking, though. I like how their stripes show up even under a blacklight.

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't have ten but these have been interesting,Active & easy to care for in my opinion.

B.Jacksoni
C.Vittatus
H.spandix
V.Spinigerus
C.Margaritatus
C.Gracilis

Last edited:

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
for me the top ten is:
- androctonus australis (my favorite)
- rhopalurus junceus
- leiurus quiquestriatus
- heterometrus spinifer
- pandinus imperator
- mesobuthus martensi
- tityus falconensis
- babycurus jacksoni
- lychas nigristernis
- centruroides margaritatus

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe the pandinus imperator belongs on the list. many think otherwise purely because they are a 'noob' species, just to seem 'elite.' but the truth is, these are the most common species in the pet trade and introduce many people to the hobby. the fact that they can actually be handled with minimal threat definately adds points. think about it.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree that emps are loads of fun, but I wouldn't call them "exciting" by any means. ;)

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't get me wrong, I love emps. I keep hoping my female has babies. I think that scorpions in general are very exciting, and emps are a great first species to keep. However, when you've kept a variety of species, emps don't seem quite as exciting as they did at first.

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't get me wrong, I love emps. I keep hoping my female has babies. I think that scorpions in general are very exciting, and emps are a great first species to keep. However, when you've kept a variety of species, emps don't seem quite as exciting as they did at first.
but see, before these other species, (for most people, i know there are people who started on other things that want their two cents in) there was not an interest in any of these other species. w/o the emp, there would not be as many hobbyists in this field as there is. that alone should reserve it a spot on the list.

CURARE

Arachnopeon
guys, seems as if we mean all the same, Pandinus is the first beginner choice , only problem for me ,they are endangered species because of that.
but social,great,weak venoum ,untroubled............. much actractive points for a beginner, but thread was Top 10 exciting ,(for me same opinion like Iheart all scorps are exciting),but for my exciting rate ,things like
1.difficulty in care/breed,
2.venomous,
3.rarity(rare makes it always a little bit more difficult ;) )
are more important points.i also have gone after look,that is for me also a exciting point,if they are awesome,i can´t left my eyes from regarding:D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi ,
sorry for my bad english, i am german :wall:
in my opinion all scorps are awesome,difficult and great athropods for privatstudying ;) .
here are my Top 10 (extraordinary flavour,favourite colour red :D )
awesome,some rare,greatest, real poisonous ..................
1. Tityus bahiensis
2. Rhopalurus laticauda
3. Rhopalurus junceus
4. Zabius fuscus
5. Heterometrus swammerdammi
6. Tityus trinitatis
7. Centruroides hentzi
8. Lychas nigristernis
9. Hadogenes paucidens
10.Grosphus limbatus
but there are so much ...i can´t list all,i haven´t seen all, not all all are discovered .........
greets
CURARE
those are some crazy looking scorpions

2. Rhopalurus laticauda
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Rhopalurus+laticauda&gbv=2

4. Zabius fuscus
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=50&hl=en&gbv=2&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=Zabius+fuscus

6. Tityus trinitatis
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=50&hl=en&gbv=2&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=Tityus+trinitatis

8. Lychas nigristernis
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=50&hl=en&gbv=2&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=Lychas+nigristernis

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
guys, seems as if we mean all the same, Pandinus is the first beginner choice , only problem for me ,they are endangered species because of that.
but social,great,weak venoum ,untroubled............. much actractive points for a beginner, but thread was Top 10 exciting ,(for me same opinion like Iheart all scorps are exciting),but for my exciting rate ,things like
1.difficulty in care/breed,
2.venomous,
3.rarity(rare makes it always a little bit more difficult ;) )
are more important points.i also have gone after look,that is for me also a exciting point,if they are awesome,i can´t left my eyes from regarding:D
well, if that is the case, then everybody is going to have a different views on what exciting actually means. I'm sure someone else out there see's it like i do.