In my dreams

MetalheadRAM

Arachnopeon
So I had a crazy dream last night, and in part of it i was given a light grey tarantula, which was the most beautiful tarantula ive ever seen. It wasnt a pokie, looked pretty terrestrial (legs spred out instead of front and back). Ive been looking but i havnt found one that looks like it. I know it was probably just something i made up, but im interested to see if there is actually a light grey/light tan terrestrial T out there. Anyone know of one thats similar?:D

MetalheadRAM

Arachnopeon
That looks just like it! In the pictures where its legs are spread out at least. H. Macs are arboreal right?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Grammostola alticeps sounds close, maybe not so tan and more rust-orangish- that is, if you haven't already found your answer. :)

edit- not LIGHT gray, either :)

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think H macs are semi-arboreal and will also tunnel as adults. Mine is still young, and it makes silk-lined burrows in the substrate.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was under the impression. H.macs were fully arboreal. I have an adult female and I hardly ever see her on the substrate. She build this great web retreat between the decore and the wall of the enclosure, a couple of inches of the ground.

Durandal

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 4" H. maculata lives underground against the glass. :p

They're adaptive, but generally arboreal.