Improving vinegaroon set up

Nick12007

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As of now, my vinegaroon is in a round plastic tank that's served her well. Its diameter is over twice her length, and she has a hide, and the substrate is coco fiber mixed with sand; however, I think I must be doing something wrong because she's never been a very active vinegaroon. I've kept her in a 5 gallon tank before where she had more freedom to move around, and still she wasn't particularly energetic as others people seem to have. I've watched her stalk a cricket, but she's so slow and ineffective, even when she lunges to supposedly catch it.
Is there anything I'm doing differently from others who have more voracious vinegaroons? I have a real life friend who says that she always sees her catch crickets when she throw them in, and I've heard from people in general that theirs take up to 5 crickets a week, yet mine won't even catch her cricket until days after I put it in.
So if you guys have any suggestions, or even just descriptions of your set-ups, that'd be very helpful. The reason I'm interested is that I'd like to try breeding her over the summer whenI have time, but before i do so, I'd like to make sure she's up for it.

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Try upping the temp and humidity a bit. She's cold blooded and her metabolism depends on the temperature of her surroundings. Let me know how it goes.

Rock on!!
Rob

Nick12007

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I was going to do that, hopefully the rising summer temps will also help.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine's pretty laid-back, too. I sometimes see her out and about at night, but I don't feed her that often. And she has trouble catching faster prey, like B. lateralis.