Import know-how questions.

Sumino

Arachnopeon
A few countries prohibit imports.
My countrie is an airport delivery service.
At the airport, they are checked by x-rays.
I am curious about know - how to pass inspection. It is an air courier service.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Follow guidelines of import laws if your country. An import/export lisence may be recquired. There may be a ban on certain species.

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
You need to contact your local government agency that is in charge of such things. You're basically asking for legal advice on a public forum whose members are not likely to be familiar with your country's wildlife import laws. You'll likely need the proper permit(s) and paperwork showing what you are receiving and that you have paid all necessary import and related fees. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
No guys, I think he's asking how to properly "brown box" inverts without getting caught. I could very well be wrong, of course.

If I'm right, then @Sumino, you should know that these forums are monitored by the appropriate government agencies specifically for this reason.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
you should know that these forums are monitored by the appropriate government agencies specifically for this reason.
Well, indeed man... but I think the U.S (and Canada, probably) ones. He lives in Korea according to his profile (he didn't even specified, but I highly doubt he lives in the Northern "half" ah ah) and I highly doubt that people from South Korea, working in that specific "field", will check on a regular basis this site or other sites like those. Just what I think, uh... aside from the 'brown boxing' issue.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Imports? Of what? Depends, man. What technically can be banned here in Italy can be perfectly legal in other nations, and vice versa. You are the one that need to know what you can and what you can't.

At the airport, they are checked by x-rays.
Yes, that's what they say. Even here in Italy... but I highly doubt that here everything is X Ray checked, ah ah. It's more a casualty stuff: 1000 parcels, 3 checked. Think that we have pretty famous courts where the metal detectors are broken or doesn't even exists, and people (not even Mafioso's) entered with guns and killed their targets like nothing.

I am curious about know - how to pass inspection.
If what you ordered is legal you have nothing to worry. If not, pray :angelic:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
No guys, I think he's asking how to properly "brown box" inverts without getting caught. I could very well be wrong, of course.
That was my impression too due to the concern over xrays and why I directed him to talk to his government and reinforced the legal route :p

My countrie is an airport delivery service.
Are you specifically saying your country prohibits tarantula imports? ;)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I don't see where South Korea doesn't allow imports, but I did notice they are a participate of CITES regulations. Regulations and documentation requirements is probably written much better on a Korean language website somewhere. Some type of health certificate, license, or document may be needed to import but I don't see anything documented in English.

I sense that the OP likely has never ordered from overseas and probably doesn't know where to start. Not everybody is trying to be crook.