Imperial scorpion?

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Went into the local pet store on Saturday to see what scorpions he had in.

He had an Asian black and an Imperial.

Now I thought imperial was another common name for an emperor. I've checked on the Invert care site but can't find info on the imperial. Am I right or does this guy telling me that they are two different things show he doesn't know much?

Sorry for the newbie question!

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That was also my opinion, but being a noob I thought I'd check before I go back next week and correct him :)

Infact, the asian black looks nothing like the pictures I've seen online, that's also probably a false ID given to him by his supplier. It's black, but bigger than the asian black and has quite bulky snippers.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep in mind that just about any heterometrus species can be called an asian black. it might not be a H spinnifer, but that doesn't count out any of the other heterometrus spp

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aye, the only large black scorpion I know of from Asia would have to be a Heterometrus sp. Buy one, I'd like to see how different it is from othere Heterometrus you have seen online.

Mike

funk

Arachnopeon
Aye, the only large black scorpion I know of from Asia would have to be a Heterometrus sp. Buy one, I'd like to see how different it is from othere Heterometrus you have seen online.

Mike
Haha I like that.

"Buy one so I can see how different it is from other Heterometrus".

It doesn't matter if you want it or not, just buy it so I can see!!!! Capiche?

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the good thing is that of all the different ones that were mentioned that it could be, their care is basically identical.