Imperator vs swammerdami question

Mairo

Arachnopeon
Anyone who has had handled either a pandinus imperator or an heterometrus swammerdami, between two average adult males which one is larger? I believe the imperator is bulkier while the swammerdami is longer. Its been a long lasting discussion with my friends and they have thrown flatrock scorpions into the mix aswell.
Would be happy if someone could help me here since online some swammerdami's seem to dwarf imperators and vice versa

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
You ask which is the largest, but 'large' can be defined in several ways. Largest by volume or weight or length ?
The book "Commonly available scorpions" says that the swammerdami is the longest.
I don't own a big swammerdami at the moment, but i can confirm that my adult Hadogenes troglodytes sure is a big mofo !
It's a very easy docile scorpion, but not docile enough to let me stretch it's tail for a measurement. :smug:

Asian Jesus

Arachnopeon
You ask which is the largest, but 'large' can be defined in several ways. Largest by volume or weight or length ?
The book "Commonly available scorpions" says that the swammerdami is the longest.
I don't own a big swammerdami at the moment, but i can confirm that my adult Hadogenes troglodytes sure is a big mofo !
It's a very easy docile scorpion, but not docile enough to let me stretch it's tail for a measurement. :smug:
You mentioned you don't own a big swammerdami, that means you have one right?

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
You mentioned you don't own a big swammerdami, that means you have one right?
No unfortunately not. swammerdamis are not easy to get here.
And since all invert shows/meetings are cancelled for the coming months means that i won't obtain one :depressed:

Asian Jesus

Arachnopeon
No unfortunately not. swammerdamis are not easy to get here.
And since all invert shows/meetings are cancelled for the coming months means that i won't obtain one :depressed:
I didn't realize you lived in Europe, I was gonna ask for a place to get them if you had one

Mairo

Arachnopeon
Pandinus and swammerdami seem to have a similar build so I guess if the swammerrami is longer its also heavier?
Of course we are taking into consideration the ones grown in captivity because some imperators in the wild are gigantic

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had dozens of both, it's a toss-up. There are big swammerdami males and small ones, big imperators and small ones. Out of all the specimens I've had, vitually the same ime,