Impending new arrivals !!

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've decided on my next 2 T's , I currently have 2 x T. Blondi's - 1 is 8 inches, the other nearly 3 inches. Also I have 2 slings , 1 x P. Ornata , and 1 x c. Crawshayii.
I seem to be attracted to the more evil species it seems.;P
I will be acquiring [ soon ] a P.Murinus [ 4 inches ] and a H.Lividium [ 5 inches ] .
First I need to set up the tanks. I have used the search facility and have picked up some tips, but would love some first hand advice on housing for both species.
For the Murinus I will be buying a Tallish container suited to arboreal T's, and I will be setting up a digging environment for the C. Blue.
Any tips on substrate, ideas on humidity and heating would be mosy welcome !
Also any interesting stories would be appreciated .
[ It's a slow day at work....:drool: ]
Needless to say, I will publish some photos when the beasts arrive.

:worship:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can only comment on the P. murinus. Mine is doing very well on dry substrate at room temp. I do overfill the water dish about once a week or a little less. You can put a fake plant in or not but I would definately put a piece of cork bark in. One way or another, their home will have something to do with it. They either dig under it, next to it, above it or all of the above. These are very hardy T's. It's real hard to mess up on this species.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
H. lividum give plenty of substrate to burrow, and since she's so big, it'd help to give it a pre-made burrow. Keep it on the moist side.

P. murinus dry, with a water dish if you want. It will be happy with some cork bark crossed over to make a shelter for it. It may want to dig a bit, or web up a shelter.

Take all the pics of the H. lividum possible, after a couple weeks it'll get established in a burrow and you'll rarely see it.

-Sean

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Take all the pics of the H. lividum possible, after a couple weeks it'll get established in a burrow and you'll rarely see it.

-Sean
That is no joke. (Pet Hole) I guess I just didn't take it to heart but I saw my Haplopelma sp. for a little over a week and I have not seen it since. That was 2 months ago. I know she's doing ok because every few days I put a cricket in and the next morning it's gone. Maybe one day I'll get to see her. :?

I'm glad I got it anyway. I have a pic of her and she's real pretty.

Last edited:

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is no joke. (Pet Hole) I guess I just didn't take it to heart but I saw my Haplopelma sp. for a little over a week and I have not seen it since. That was 2 months ago. I know she's doing ok because every few days I put a cricket in and the next morning it's gone. Maybe one day I'll get to see her. :?
It's pet hole status that gives the H. lividum in my book a slight disadvantage...i don't want to miss seeing blue beauty...:?

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My pet hole is a B. vagans. I've had it 3 months and only seen it outside of its lair 2 times. One of the times was at about 2 am. Very sneeky little devil.