Im worried...

hermzxd45

Arachnopeon
i caught my juvie female in an upside molt. Im worried cause it looks like shes in a very bad position. Only one leg is out and the rest is still in the old skin. I then decided to flip her on her back. Right now I have to go to work. Ill keep you guys posted. Hoping for the best. Ill post some pics after work.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the future, don't touch a molting T, not even to flip it over. T's sometimes molt "upside down", they can handle it.

The one thing I've found in this hobby is the less you interfere, the better it will be. We ocerfuzz too much with these things.

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really think you shouldn't have flipped her over. Disturbing a T while its molting is by far one of the worst things you can do. Now all you can do is wait to see how she's doing, though I would assume she'd have stopped molting for the time being because you disturbed her.

Once again, never move a T while its molting! :wall:

Edit: AbraCadaver beat me to it hehe.

sinflspeed

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to disagree. The reason being is I have lost more Ts trying to molt upright. My last issue was with a 6 inch female B. klaasi. Being that she is a higher end T I couldn't just sit by "hoping for the best." I had to make a decision so I flipped her and assisted her through the molt. Yes, I bothered her during the molting process. Needless to say she made a successful molt and is eating well.

Not to say everyone should do this but just because people say don't do this because...... doesn't mean that the opposite hasn't been done and that we can not expand our knowledge through trial and error.

Keep us posted.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my adult suntiger female molted while hanging from a web at the top of her tank, she had finished when i saw her but litrally one leg was still half in the old skin and she was hanging from it, i freaked abit and thought she looked like her abdomen was coming off, you know sometimes spiders just look like there in a weird poition.

i pulled the skin off with tweezers and left her in the dark, the next day she was fine.
so although i always freak ive always found them to be fine afterwards, trust them they know what there doing.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
my adult suntiger female molted while hanging from a web at the top of her tank, she had finished when i saw her but litrally one leg was still half in the old skin and she was hanging from it, i freaked abit and thought she looked like her abdomen was coming off, you know sometimes spiders just look like there in a weird poition.

i pulled the skin off with tweezers and left her in the dark, the next day she was fine.
so although i always freak ive always found them to be fine afterwards, trust them they know what there doing.
I wonder if the leg that had troubled your T while molting, Was used more in the balance during the molting process and Wasnt able to to like moisturize or The tension on the fresh "flesh" hardened the leg..:?:?

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i dunno buy she is absolutly fine now, she has all her legs and is eating and walking fine.

sometimes tarantulas suprise us with a weird thing they decide to spring on us :)

mobster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my a genic has a successful molt today. in the same position hermzxd45 has posted. it lasted 2 hours.