I'm Wanted by Animal Control!!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Had to go to Animal Control today to bail my doberman out of jail. (Those little handcuffs messed up his wrist hair!:D )

BUT, the Administrator drove up and saw my T bumper sticker, asked for my biz card and said she would like me to have an educational booth there when they have their "Pet Adoption Fairs" and other events they hold in the parking lot!

YAY, I can spread the word to MORE folks, maybe even grown-up people!

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good for you MizM! T's need good press!
I have a Doberman too. He does not have a "record" yet. He did kick a skunks butt though. Boy was that stinky! Havent seen the skunk since.
Kerry

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
your doberman was in 'Jail' ?

Im confused - what did he steal? Oh and what is animal control too?

Stu.

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That sounds great Ter, hey if you dont mind give me a jingle when you find out more ,I'd love to go up there and bring some T's along and hold down a table with ya.

Doug

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
OH YOU ARE AWESOME! The administrator said she appreciated that the public needed to learn about conservation of ALL living things, but not to be offended if she never stopped by a booth that I was hosting!;) (Weenie!!)

I'll DEF let you know!!!:D :D

Stu: He didn't steal, he was hitchiking, he's under 18 and not allowed to be out by himself!!;)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, it sounds like a kinda bad thing turned into a good thing. I know how it is, my dog ended up in the big house once, what fun is was having to get her out.

Hope you have fun spreading the word about our 8 legged friends.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
...Oh and what is animal control too?.....

Stu, here in the US we have a special department that
picks up animals, dogs anyway. When they are out running the streets. They keep them until you come to get them. And you
have to pay a fine (fee) to get your animal back.
This department will also remove problem animals like raccoons.
They collect them and take them far away and let them free.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea animal control is good in a way but my local one pisses me off. Everyone thinks pit bull's are so evil. They get a worse rap then spider geez.My pit is licensed tagged up and they still bug me. She is just a big puppy and loves everyone .But the few trailor park rednecks who beat the sh&t out of them and it turns on them or bites somebody else is all you hear about. There just like any other dog threat them bad they will be aggresive treat them with love and they will shine as who they really are. And because of there sheer power if they are made aggresive they will do damage.So the media feeds of the negatives. But in my opinion there is not a mean natured pitbull who wasn't made that way by humans **there owners**.:mad:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
In our area, Animal Control is responsible for the licensing of canines and enforcing of all the animal laws in the county. They pick up strays, doa's, and unwanted creatures. They hold all abandoned or relinquished animals for 72 hours, then euthanize them. It is a city run office, but is dictated by the rules of the county.

Although it is not T topic, MANY, MANY breeds are mislabeled as "viscious", however, the Cocker Spaniel is probably the most likely to deliver an aggressive bite. My German Shepherd is registered with the county as a "Potentially Dangerous Animal" because she was playing with a Chi... can't spell it... a Taco Bell dog and delivered a bite just a bit too hard causing the dog to need medical attention. In reality, she has helped my raise my kids, lets babies pull on her ears, chew on her nose, ride her.... REALLY dangerous!!!!